Thread: Gauge Help
View Single Post
#9: 02-03-2010, 07:22 PM

KyLegacy 2.5GT
Title: Member
Car: 2005 Legacy GT
Send a private message to KyLegacy 2.5GT Find all posts by KyLegacy 2.5GT Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagheeraLGT View Post
KyLegacy, how are yours mounted in the cubby? did you buy the bracket which mounts in the cubbby to anchor them or just mount them without the bracket. judging by the link it looks like u got the mount, but its hard to tell in the pics.
I bought the cubby mount from the jcspods website. Basically, you will end up taking out the bottom section of your cubby and place the new mount in. The cubby pod comes with instructions on how to disassemble the cubby and place in the new components. The only problem I had was there is a brace in the dash behind the cubby area. It is made of plastic, but it interferes with any mechanical gauge since the connections have to come straight out the back. I just made a relief cut in the brace for my boost gauge (the adapter fittings interfered with the brace). Other than that everything else was simple. If you have any questions on how to run any of the wires/gauges, you can pm me. I have a 5EAT, so there is a large blank rubber grommet where the clutch linkage normally goes through the firewall on a manual car. I just put a hole in the grommet and ran my vacuum line and wires through.

For the gauges, I have always liked Autometer. In my head, I saw three levels of gauges: Top (Delfi) Middle (Autometer) Bottom (Prosport). To me prosport is the ebay knockoff version of the delfi gauge, but if you would rather have a $45 gauge right off the bat, you will most likely have to spend another $45 to replace it soon . Autometer is the way to go if you ask me, they have tons of styles, just check them out at their website, they even show you what they look like at night.