View Single Post
#7: 01-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Raptor V2 from DDMtuning.com review

doccrowley
Title: FahrvergnügenWagen
Car: 06 Audi S4 6MT Avant IMOLA Yellow
Send a private message to doccrowley Find all posts by doccrowley Reply With Quote
**I'll have a review to add tomorrow night for the H7 low beams and the H3 fogs. **

Thanks to Joel and his experience with several different HID set-ups, I placed an on-line order directly with the ddmtuning website last Monday. After reading their website's recommendations I purchased an H7 kit, 55w 6000K and another H7 kit, 55w 8000k and an H3 35w kit 6000k for my fog lights. (After so many complaints about long delays for warranty claims and needing back-ups in case of failure for other HID kits, I thought that $39 bucks for a complete backup of ballasts and bulbs was easily justified!)

I worried that I had made the wrong color choice for the H3 fogs and decided to call to hear their recommendation for matching color choices for the 55w vs 35w. Their website STRONGLY recommended the 55w be avoided for the fogs due to heat output.

I called first thing Tuesday and their phone number was busy 4 times in a row before ringing through. I spoke with Sales, heard several voices in the background and they were very busy. I was told that my order was on back-order, that my color choices would be negligible and that even the H7 and H3 in the same heat and wattages may not be the exact color match and that my order looked fine. I was told that they receive a shipment every Wednesday and that my order might ship as soon as Friday. I asked why the delay until Friday to ship if I had paid for expedited shipping (I'm currently down the drivers side low beam and fog after a CV boot change last week at the dealer ??? and need bulbs ASAP)? I was told they had a long line of orders in front of me and that they would fill in a first come first served basis.

My bulbs shipped Thursday night and will arrive tomorrow! $29 bucks for a 35w kit and $39 for a 55w kit! Can't wait!!!

Thanks Joel for the review and for the PM's about what you found.

Last edited by doccrowley; 03-10-2010 at 10:30 AM..