View Single Post
#10: 12-28-2009, 11:39 AM

rougeben83
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 2005 OBXT 5spd
Send a private message to rougeben83 Find all posts by rougeben83 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicklook2 View Post
the gt limited is way more vehicle then the l model.

if you read that article then you should know that.
I don't understand why youre getting defensive, the extras on the GT are just small accesories.

I changed the fake woodgrain trim on my SE as soon as I got it, made a world of difference. The extra speakers and stereo (which are still crap IMO, compared to decent aftermarket speakers and headunits), extra warmers, leather, etc I and a lot of other people can certainly do without.

What I listed were the mechanical upgrades on the GT that really matter to me, and theyre not that many; rear LSD and WRX-sized front brakes. The swaybars, struts, springs, all vary by year and there is not any substantial difference among them that would keep me from upgrading them to aftermarket pieces to begin with (which I have). Hell, the Outback received a way bigger rear swaybar than either L or GT model (18mm), and that piece is probably one of the most noticeably upgrades you can do to a stock USDM BE/BH.

I understand you personally liked the GT more than the L but there is no reason to put down the lower trim. Theyre still both Legacy's.