View Single Post
#1: 12-18-2009, 02:41 PM
3M Carbon Fiber-look self-adhesive wrap!

Mach V Dan
Title: Vendor III
Car: 09 335i, 2013 BRZ
Send a private message to Mach V Dan Find all posts by Mach V Dan Reply With Quote

This stuff is very, very cool. It looks like carbon fiber -- a LOT. But it's flexible, heat-able and stretchable so it can conform to all sorts of shapes. It has 3M adhesive already on it, so you don't have to use any messy spray-adhesive or anything. Just peel and stick. The adhesive has tiny air channels so you're unlikely to trap any air bubbles behind it.

We sell it in various sizes. You could use it to cover interior trim, down-tubes, handles, bezels, you name it. It has an expected lifespan of 12 years of interior use, four years of outdoor use. You could cover your roof!

Installation is similar to installing any self-adhesive vinyl. (You apply it dry, not with water.) Use a hair dryer or heat gun to get it to wrap around surfaces. If you're not comfortable with this kind of thing, your local vinyl or tint installer should have no problem with it.

I'm certainly no pro, but I managed to do this on my netbook:

I don't yet have pictures of it installed on a Subaru -- there are some out there, but it wouldn't be fair of me to use someone else's pics. Stay tuned for some accent-work on our own car.

3M Carbon fiber-look wrap -- click me!

Click the link above for pricing and ordering.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com
Sponsored links