View Single Post
#11: 12-13-2009, 11:37 AM

itsme
Title: Vendor II
Car: '05 5mt 20G EWG wagon 370+whp E85
Send a private message to itsme Find all posts by itsme Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark30pwr View Post
Dear vendor, not everyone here knows what FMIC is. I certainly don't. Please define your acronyms. If you want sales, people kinda need to understand what it is you have to offer as well as what the benefits and disadvantages are.
Well dear (hopefully) future customer,

I'm sorry. FMIC stands for Front Mount InterCooler. It's a common term in the world of turbos. The basic are the colder the air the more power you can make. If you have a TMIC (Top Mount InterCooler) like your stock setup you can have a problem called heat soak. Because the intercooler sit under the hood on top of a hot engine. The intercooler is only is only cooled by the small slit in your hood. With a FMIC the intercooler is out in front of the engine compartment. The FMIC is wider and have more area exposed to the colder air from the upper and/or lower grill opening. When have a FMIC you can run more boost and make more power. '05 LGTs were rated at 250hp but, real put out about 200 to 220whp. With a FMIC,TBE(turbo back exhuast) and a tune. I made 270whp.

Another problem with the stock TMIC is if you add boost the tanks start to separate. If you have any more questions let me know. You could search the site. Bryan