View Single Post
#28: 12-09-2009, 11:25 AM

SBT
Title: Site Majordomo
Car: SWP 05 LGTLW 5MT waiting on an S402
Send a private message to SBT Find all posts by SBT Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewism2 View Post
We just had our first snowfall ( Toronto ). It was fairly bad but I did not feel at all comfortable driving my LGT. I expected more from an AWD car that has been equipped with brand new Hankook iPike winter tires. I've felt safer in worse conditions driving my 2000 Prelude with summer tires on. At no time was I ever going to get stuck in the snow but the car handled quite poorly. I've gone through severe winter weather with lots of snow on the ground driving Preludes, Legends and 2 rear wheel drive Corolla GTS's. All felt much safer with better handling. I've also never installed snows before now. I didn't think I'd have to drive wayyyyyyyy slower than with my other cars.
Not bashing the car. I still love it but I'm at a loss to believe this is what I can expect in winter weather. One of the big reasons I got the LGT is because it's AWD and expected better winter performance, much better, than my previous cars
Give your winter tires some time to lose their "coating", and make sure that the pressures are correctly set... not the same front and rear, then come back and talk about how it handles...