View Single Post
#40: 10-26-2009, 06:03 PM

Pawlwawl06
Title: Senior Monkey
Car: 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6
Send a private message to Pawlwawl06 Find all posts by Pawlwawl06 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansontw View Post
Personally, I think that's because in GT model, it is very easy to get tons of power by mechanical modification. So they don't care about throttle responses.
It's like talking to a guy w/1000hp+ muscle dragracing car about how your suspension and chassis setup on your RWD RX7. They can't feel it.

Panson
That just about sums it up. Its definitely a small tweak, but I'm willing to bet that if any of these guys were to get in my car, the initial lag in the throttle will be noticed immediately. Matter o' fact, I was in a situation today where I needed to merge into traffic swiftly, and when I stepped on the throttle/let off the clutch to launch, the car just bogged down D: It something I didn't expect to happen due to the lag in throttle response, but it happens regularly. I also think I'm prematurely wearing out the clutch.

People with 2.5is have been complaining about this for years. Some were able to reflash the ECUs to solve the issue, while most of us were left to deal with it. No longer will that be the case, thanks to these guys.