View Single Post
#24: 07-25-2004, 09:27 PM

Legacy GT
Title: Junior Member
Send a private message to Legacy GT Find all posts by Legacy GT Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty
does the black really makes every scracth and dust particles easily noticeable? i personally wouldnt mind cleaning it every day
Unfortunately yes. Black does THREE things

1) It looks cool and downright evil at night

2) It shows every scratch, ding and every speck of dirt that isn't pitch black in the daytime. Most bugs are not black either.

3) It gets freaking hot in the summer. So hot that on our recent trip down the East Coast of the US by the time we hit Georgia the carpet in the trunk started to stick to the metal, the glue in it was so hot it started to melt out of the fabric.

Some dumba** put a little scratch on my Jetta in the parking lot last week. The mark looks almost white so it stands out. I've owned Red/White/Silver.... and it was never as obvious with those colours.

The flipside is a black car freshly buffed looks killer. I really want Red but since that Garnet is almost Burgandy I find it blah and will probably have to go with White.. we will still have a Silver Golf in the driveway and two Silver cars would be tacky IMO. If I could park behind velvet ropes I'd buy black again. :wink: