View Single Post
#15: 10-16-2009, 12:47 AM

Highway Star
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2010 Legacy
Send a private message to Highway Star Find all posts by Highway Star Reply With Quote
I just picked up my 2.5i Limited yesterday. It's my first foray into SubaruLand. I wanted a midsize sedan with auto and good gas mileage. Subaru was actually the last car we tested and only because we figured it couldn't hurt.

I've had several sport hatchbacks and sedans over the years. Every car I've owned has been a MT (same for my wife). I'm just getting older and want to simply drive with out having to shift all the time.

The CVT was one of the selling points for the Legacy. I know most of you die-hard shifters would roll your eyes. I would have not too long ago. But after other four cylinder AT cars, I realized I hated the way they all down shifted and spun up the engines to high rpms. The CVT isn't as binary. It allows a more fluid adjustment of RPMs, often with a lower increase. The Accord would jump from under 2K to over 4K all at once. Nothing in between.

I've gotten over my buyers remorse surprisingly quickly. I traded in a 2000 Maxima SE with MT for this. It was a great driving car and still looked great inside and out. I was tired of spending $600-$1000 every year to get a $3000 car to pass emissions.