View Single Post
#9: 08-27-2009, 01:53 AM

Ferenczy33
Title: Senior Member
Car: RBP 05 LGT Sedan
Send a private message to Ferenczy33 Find all posts by Ferenczy33 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkonmonk View Post
A little old of a thread, but....I am also curious as a comparison between Rallitek and Eibach. Even if they are rumored to be of the same manufacturer, what did Rallitek not like about the Eibach's to just be a vendor for those. Why the need to tweak? Is there something wrong with the Eibach setup? I would be on stock USDM GT struts, however, compared to the OP.
Years ago an old friend of mine worked for Ground Control Suspension which is run by Jay Morris. Jay is basically a god when comes to suspension setups. At that time they had a deal with Eibach where they were also having custom made springs from their manufacturer. In fact, at that same time one of their employees left to go work as a design engineer for Eibach. Not sure if this is the same sort of thing, and not sure I have an answer as to why. Maybe the techs at Rallitek have been working with Eibach's original spring design and improved it or modified the ride height slightly to sit lower. Doesn't the stock Eibach kit only drop 1 inch in the front and 0.8 inch in the rear? Maybe Rallitek is going with something a little more aggressive?