View Single Post
#26: 08-25-2009, 12:57 PM

PhilT
Title: Head above water
Car: Wagon with a 6 speed & DCCD
Send a private message to PhilT Find all posts by PhilT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingtang View Post
the last time i checked the FP hta68 was not a bolt on application to the LGT... and as far as i know.. deadbolt is no longer around, and the only direct bolt on turbo's i kno of for LGT is AVO and the vf52... but in my opinion you can only get so much from our setup's... and i think the main reason to that is our limit in space for the TMIC... the TMIC can only be so big when it comes to maintaining the same setup... by that i mean turbo bolting directly on to the TMIC and then going directly into the intake manifold.... of course if you put a STI manifold you can put a STI style TMIC... but the design of our LGT application limits us.... im sure there would be ALOT more people buying AVO turbo's... because they are a direct bolt on replacement.. but no1 wants to pay the $1,800 dollar price tag that comes with them for such a mildly performing turbo....
That depends on what you call mild.

The AVO 420 is good for 350 whp, possibly more with better fuel. No it's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

If you search for the 40BB turbo, you will find that that turbo was about as close to the perfect match for the 2.5 engine as there ever could be. Fast spool and good top end power too. Unfortunately the guy supplying them wasn't the best businessman, and not many were made.