Thread: Twin Turbo?
View Single Post
#11: 07-12-2009, 12:37 AM

Planetary
Title: Junior Member
Car: 09 DGM 5EAT
Send a private message to Planetary Find all posts by Planetary Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGV101 View Post
I know quite a few twin turbo users and they absolutely hated their twin turbo setup and envy our single turbo Legacy.

The low rpm performance with the smaller turbo wasn't exactly spectacular.
During the transition period where the second turbo is about to turn on there is actually a slight hesitation in acceleration as exhaust gas is being diverted to the second turbo while it has yet to spin up.
This.

Over the course of my time in NZ I had 3 twin turbo legacys (94 auto saloon, 94 manual saloon and 96 manual estate) and always wished I had a single and enjoy my 09 far more than the others. The single turbo gives a nice kick at a lower rpm range.

The smaller turbo on the sequential diddn't give the omgboost feeling I love so much and although the second turbo was quite a kick in the pants, it diddn't kick into so high of an rpm that I diddn't really get to enjoy it often in everyday driving.

Maybe that could have been helped with a tune, but I wasn't even aware that was possible until I discovered this place.