#31: 04-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Crucial Racing
Title: Vendor III
Car: '98 LGT w/ EJ20 swap, JDM RA tranny, etc
Send a private message to Crucial Racing Find all posts by Crucial Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiener2 View Post
That is exactly what I DON'T want to do....lower it any
Well if it turns out the Outback uses the same front struts as the LGT, then these will work. If not, I would most definitely not be confident enough to recommend them to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTuner
Are these struts/inserts adjustable?
Very much so! The difference in ride between full soft and full hard adjustments on these struts is VERY noticeable. Full soft often rides more comfortably than a stock suspension, yet handling is still sharper and wont be bouncy even with stiff springs. Then as you go towards the firmer settings the car really tightens up a lot. You feel the road more and it responds more sharply to steering inputs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaruski
can anyone give an opinion on how these compare to the Bilstein HDs? I'm trying to make a decision between the two.
If you don't have a Spec B, the Konis are nice because they fit properly. You don't need new strut top hats. If you go with Tokico (which we carry and which are also very nice adjustable struts) or Bilstein, which are both made to fit the Spec B, you would need to purchase Spec B front strut top hats to make these struts work on your LGT. Not a bad thing, but it's extra $ and it also raises the front end of the car by about 1/2". If you already have a Spec B though, it may be easier to go Tokico or Bilstein. Or, go Koni, buy LGT front strut top hats, and that'll lower your front end by 1/2" which is probably a good thing if you're going to get aftermarket springs made for the LGT and not specifically for the SpecB

Jeremy