View Single Post
#32: 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM

Z0rr0
Title: Senior Member
Car: 05 LGT, PTE6262, METH, 6-SPEED
Send a private message to Z0rr0 Find all posts by Z0rr0 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiener2 View Post
^^ Maybe you just suck at tranny swaps.. or driving.

There are PLENTY of WRX STi's out there making way more than 400whp and not chewing up rear diffs.

And how do you know the stock 5MT won't handle 550whp? i only know of a handful 5MT's that have granaded and over half of those cases were drivers doing stupid human tricks.

You know, i have one of the most modified legacies in the country, and i dont post that much because of asswipe comments like that.....

"There are PLENTY of WRX STi's out there making way more than 400whp and not chewing up rear diffs." <---- that is because they are using the R180 rear diff! , and that is what i suggested the poster use.

i know for a fact that factory 5-speed will not handle that power, because mine didn't. and i know how to drive just fine. My car had never been slammed into gear, or abused.. clutch all the way out before mashing on it.

I'm going to guess, you have never broken anydrivetrain component on your car due to power? why don't you let the people that have accually had experience with these transmissions say thier piece!