View Single Post
#14: 10-31-2008, 12:16 PM

IwannaSportSedan
Title: and general BoxerFanatic
Location: Somewhere where OnStar and the SmartGrid can't find me.
Car: '05 Legacy GT, '92 SVX LS-L, '99 Miata.
Send a private message to IwannaSportSedan Find all posts by IwannaSportSedan Reply With Quote
They should be doing a hotted-up send-off for the Legacy GT, to usher in the new model. But SEMA is not likely where that would happen, not that it will happen at all.

The hotted up forester looks ok, but blacking it out and lowering it just makes it look like a big black box. Whoopie. I'm sure it is fun, because it is a Subaru underneath... but it's still an SUV, also.

Now the Mountain Rescue deal, that is what an SUV is for, and for an off-roader, that looks good.

As much as I love the EJ25 Turbo... that thing needs different engine options. 3.6 H6 with a 5EAT equipped with low range, VTD, and electro-mechanical locking differentials.

OR a turbo diesel boxer with the same transmission and drivetrain, or a very robust manual transmission, maybe a properly geared 6MT, with low range, and the same AWD. (VTD/DCCD doesn't work with the 5MT...)

I can't help but think that the Mountain rescue version should be chopped down into two-door and 4-door unibody pickup truck versions, a what a new Brat could be, and what the Baja SHOULD have been, with the above 6-cyl or diesel engine options, and top-end AWD. With brakes and driveline oil cooling enough for Class III Towing. (500lbs tongue, 5000lbs gross wt.)

Last edited by IwannaSportSedan; 10-31-2008 at 12:20 PM..