View Single Post
#5: 05-01-2005, 08:47 PM

BoxerGT2.5
Title: Pope Boxer I
Car: E90
Send a private message to BoxerGT2.5 Find all posts by BoxerGT2.5 Reply With Quote
Before you install the new plugs, go ahead and put some anti-seize on the threads (you'll appreciate it if you ever need to pull them out again). You can use dilectric grease on the top of the plug that connets to the coil pack if you choose. Once the plug is prepared place it in the 5/8 spark plug socket. I have read that some take the cushion out of the socket, I don't find this to be a great idea because for the rears you are working with weird angles and risk cracking the plug should the socket slip off the plug. Connect the socket to a 2" extension as the cylinder is deep (Pic 1). Your going to wanna install the plugs by hand first as to not cross-thread the plug into the head. Again, doing this by hand for the rears takes patience. Once you plug threads into the head attach the knuckle extension and then the 3" extension followed by the 3/8 ratchet. Go ahead and tighten the plugs in.

Once all the plugs are in you can put the coil packs back on. Remember, the coil pack with the white harness is the front and the black the rear (Pic 2)Another thing to keep in mind when you install the packs back onto the plugs; you are not going to get the distinct snap that you would with a set of wires. With each pack you put on go ahead and slide the 12mm socket onto the gold bolt and hand tighten them first and then pop on the knuckle extension and 12in extension with 3/8 ratchet to tighten them down fully. Remember that the passanger side rear pack holds the EGT bracket, so before you tighten it down too far slide the bracket back onto the bolt and then tighten it down.

Once all the packs are on reinstall the air box and your battery. Go ahead and start her up! Don't forget to reset the clock, radio stations, and to shut off the annoying seatbelt chime.

Ok I'm done now....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Head.jpg
Views:	1984
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	6679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Passanger side Coils.jpg
Views:	2579
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	6680  

Last edited by BoxerGT2.5; 05-01-2005 at 08:53 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to BoxerGT2.5 For This Useful Post:
usnavyvet23 (01-05-2014)