View Single Post
#2: 05-01-2005, 09:09 PM

BoxerGT2.5
Title: Pope Boxer I
Car: E90
Send a private message to BoxerGT2.5 Find all posts by BoxerGT2.5 Reply With Quote
Passanger Side (Pic 1)

Getting the coil pack off of the spark plug isn't all that hard for the two on each side in the front of the motor. The gold bolts you see are the only things that hold the coil pack onto the motor. Using a 12mm socket and knuckle along with a 3 inch extention remove the bolts. The fronts are simple and you have plenty of room. The back coil packs it's tight. This is where the 1/4 drive comes into play. The engine bay tapers to the rear so it will take some patience for the rears. I found that if I got the bolt loose enough I could take the ratchet off and keep the 12mm socket on the bolt and loosen it by hand. Don't worry about the bolts coming out of the packs, they don't. The rear passanger side coil pack has a bracket attached to it for the EGT wires that run to the Uppipe (Pic 2). Once the bolt on that pack is loose the bracket will fall to the side. It's ok and is easily put back when the coil pack goes back on. To distinguish the front pack from the rear pack the wire harness that runs to each has a white and black adapter (Pic 3). The pack with the white adapters are the front and the rear is the black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Passanger side Coils.jpg
Views:	5483
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	6672   Click image for larger version

Name:	EGT Braket.jpg
Views:	4369
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	6673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Both Coil Packs (Pass).jpg
Views:	4737