View Single Post
#4: 03-25-2008, 03:29 PM

2furious
Title: Albatross
Car: 05 Silver LGT 5EAT
Send a private message to 2furious Find all posts by 2furious Reply With Quote
If you search "sport blinking" you can read my thread... But no answer..
However, I got an answer.
I had same problem... "SPORT" is blinking... I brought the car to dealer but they couln't figure it out because when it is not blinking everything is normal... One day, finally I got blinking and drove to dealer... They figured it out.... The speed sensor on the trany didn't get the correct signal and it was replaced by the warranty. Then, it never happen again...
When it is blinking, go to dealer then, they will find out... I can check the repair record to see what the exact part was..
Good luck...
FYI, it happened first time more than a year ago and it is getting worse... My first was at around 18k and I fixed when it is 40k.

When it just started blinking, I also couldn't shift by manual then several minutes later, I could shift by knob or hanlde button.
It happened usually at the 1st gear and I think the tranny was confused whether shift to 2nd or not then I got the BLINKING. The other common occasion was in the highway speed. When down shifting to 4th and WOT, I got the blinking.. Of course, I couln't shift by manual for several minutes...
Then, turn off the car and back on, everything is okay...