View Single Post
#14: 02-23-2008, 02:51 AM

strikethree
Title: Junior Member
Car: 92 Eagle Talon (500HP) 06 Legacy GT Ltd.
Send a private message to strikethree Find all posts by strikethree Reply With Quote
The O2 sensor may be bad, however, your plugs should not look like that. I have seen thousands of plugs (most of them from my over-modded Talon) and they should all have the same (roughly) amount of carbon on them. For my Talon, Cylinder one has the most amount of carbon and cylinder 4 has the least but it is a smooth progression and they look roughly the same. Your engine is obviously different, but the same rules apply.

Tell me if I am correct with this: The plug with the most carbon is the one cylinder that has no misfires.

Yes? No?

If you have a friend with wideband (high quality, high accuracy AFR meter) have them do some datalogging with it. Also, as I said earlier, some data logs from the ECU would be invaluable.

strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis View Post
Dealer still has my car. After speaking with the tech line, they say it's the pre-cat air/fuel ratio sensor (O2 sensor), which they've ordered. If the car had a bad O2 sensor, isn't the computer sophisticated enough to say "you have a bad O2 sensor?"