View Single Post
#1: 02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Koni struts for LGT. GREAT struts, GREAT price!

Crucial Racing
Title: Vendor III
Car: '98 LGT w/ EJ20 swap, JDM RA tranny, etc
Send a private message to Crucial Racing Find all posts by Crucial Racing
I'm a HUGE fan of the Koni inserts. They're definitely one of the very best aftermarket struts in any price range. The dampening curves are great, the adjustment is extremely effective, the performance rocks, and Koni is flat-out amazing about their lifetime warranty.

I know some people shy away because they're inserts and not complete replacement struts. The reasons I actually really like the insert idea are:

*** fitment of brake lines, abs/speed sensor lines, hub bolts, and spring perches is PERFECT because all of those things are OEM. Getting the brake lines and sensor lines to attach properly (i.e. no zip ties necessary!) is a big issue on a lot of aftermarket struts. Since Koni is using the OEM strut housings you're guaranteed absolutely perfect fitment.
*** Koni isn't spending money measuring for and manufacturing strut housings for every car model out there (which would be the part where the strut bolts to your hub, the housing itself, the spring perch, the brake line brackets, etc). You're not paying for a strut housing. I think your money is really going into the internals of the insert -- the valving mechanisms, dampening adjustment, etc. I think it shows in the extreme quality & performance of the product for the price.
*** The installation is WAY easier than most people expect. This is usually a big reason people shy away from inserts but it's shockingly straight forward. If you're actually doing the suspension install yourself, I'm very confident that doing the installation of the inserts portion of it will be the simplest part of the whole deal. Most professional shops are familiar with doing inserts and charge a minimal amount for the process, as it really does not take long.

So............

Koni Sport Inserts for the 05+ Legacy models!!!

8610 1447 Fronts
8010 1053 Rears

Our normal price is $595 shipped for the set of four! If you see it less somewhere else, send us a link... but this price should be pretty freaking good!!! MSRP is $900...

EDIT: PRICE CHANGE! Koni raised their prices across the board by 10% as of September 1, 2008. Current price from us on the LGT Koni set is $665 shipped in the U.S.!

Jeremy

Last edited by Crucial Racing; 03-26-2009 at 01:29 PM..
Sponsored links