View Single Post
#39: 12-14-2007, 12:17 PM

JDMg3
Title: Member
Car: BLK 05 OBXT 5MT
Send a private message to JDMg3 Find all posts by JDMg3 Reply With Quote
This might not be the most chosen platform for perfomance aplication but I initially got that car just its practicality. AWD, ABS,Heated seat, lots of space for the Dog and camping equipment and not to expensive with 280 000Km on the clock. Go the car for 1 week and I spun a crank bearing on the original engine. put in another EJ25 from Japan this time. Its suppose to be good and more reliable than the american one. I drove it one year and it blew a head gasket. F%$*!!! I was pissed.
I came around a good deal that was posted on the board for a STI V4 that was completly rebuilt with V6 bottom end parts, a V2 tranny, a suretrack rear diff and wrx rear brakes. I also purchased a 3in turbo back exaust (catless) and a TD05 turbo.
Here are some pics.

parts I got, and a catback 3in SS exaust for 150$

I adapted my 2.5 engine harness to the V4 engine and then I cut my ecu connectors, after 6 hours I finished splicing the wires to the new ecu.

took everything outta the car

then I put the new powertrain in....

relocated the cruise control vaccum pump and actuator

I had to cut my clutch reservoir and relocate my bypass valve since I am using a V6 tmic. you can also see the new location for my wastegate selenoid. I put it there since I used the original EGR wires to hook it up.

got myself a cheap 3in bellmouth down pipe mounted to a TD05

installed my exaust, 3in turbo back and it makes an awsome sound

finally.... heres an Outback you dont see often

...Conclusion all that is left is changing the gears in the rear diff. since its wienning like crazy and and getting my STI suspension. No problem with the engine what so ever, it runs great and cant wait for the break in period to be over.....;-)
I will also try to make cleaner.....here was my last project....

Ian