View Single Post
#10: 08-15-2007, 01:28 PM

SneakyFast
Title: The Duke of Sammich
Car: '14 6
Send a private message to SneakyFast Find all posts by SneakyFast Reply With Quote
Ok... So I wanted to really put this system to the test before I chimed in and gave a review on it. Let's just say my commute home last night was quite enjoyable! So far I have spent about 3 hours listening to various tracks from various artists ranging from Ben Harper to Tool and from Linkin Park to Eazy-E.

Let me first say this was money well spent! Bing asked me what I wanted it to sound like and I told him I wanted something that was going to be clean, accurate and smooth, but still hit hard. DELIVERED!

The front Speakers (DLS ultimate UX26 6.5) are probably the component that impressed me the most. The mid-bass in these things hits amazingly hard and still manages to deliver an incredibly clean overall sound. Bing played a drum track (to showcase the mid-bass) for me when I picked up the car. The sound was amazingly accurate! I play drums and it impressed me. I think that's saying something. Very smooth speakers! Don't fatigue the ears at all.

The sub is amazingly clean and accurate as well. Very very tight. Double bass rolls are very punchy and very well defined (this excites me for obvious reasons). I have heard many a "premium" sound system mudd through or blurr out double bass sections. Not the case here... very responsive. It is also very clean and smooth through deep transitions. It handled the full spectrum of sounds through a couple of "Chemical Brothers" tracks very very well.

The fit and finish is beautiful. The pictures do not do it justice! The white suede is a very nice touch (thanks again Bing). I made my girlfriend feel it (insert joke here) when I had the trunk open and she made this sound that would fall somewhere between a humm and an Ooohhhh... It was a nice touch. Obviously you can see from the pictures that he does very clean, very professional work. He certainly comes with my highest recommendation. Make the drive to San Jose boys! It's worth it! I feel like I got my moneys worth and then some.

The deck is a Kenwood KDC-X591 if anyone is curious. The HU is nothing spectacular, but I liked the 3 4-volt preamps and USB and Blue-tooth capability.

The blue-tooth adapter is the Kenwood KCA-BT100. To be honest I haven't even set it up with my phone yet. I'm still playing with the features that make the pretty sounds! When I use it for a little while I'll post a review of it.

A quick thanks to customizer. I used your rear deck speaker grill walk through before I took the car to Bing. Made things very easy. I'll post a pic on your thread when I get around to it.

Cliff notes:
Kicks ass!
Worth every penny!