#58: 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Crucial Racing
Title: Vendor III
Car: '98 LGT w/ EJ20 swap, JDM RA tranny, etc
Send a private message to Crucial Racing Find all posts by Crucial Racing
...check out this post on nasioc...

Copied here:

Quote:
I had my p/p/c TD04 from Crucial tuned yesterday. The results were fantastic!

14psi@2400
20.3psi@3150
holds 19.4psi from 3300 to 5000
down to 16psi@6000
14psi@redline

Mike at Innovative Tuning in Buffalo was impressed with the turbo. I asked him to take the new turbo to the edge to see what it can do, and then ratchet it back a couple of notches to keep it reliable for my DD car. He said he's never seen a TD04 consistently make that much boost. The car pulls like a train, and the throttle/boost response is just perfect --> you push the go pedal, and it just pulls, even in 5th gear.

Obviously, I'm very pleased with this turbo. Even though Jeremy doesn't really suggest his service for this small of a turbo, IMO it's totally worth it. For a street-driven car, it's a LOT of fun, and the power is everywhere without being rediculous --> I'm getting the midrange of a smallblock V8 without having to worry about borking the tranny. I will be sending my stock TD04 (the one I replaced with the Crucial turbo) to Crucial for the same treatment.

Thanks again, Jeremy!
Spence

I generally tell people not to spend the money on having it done to a TD04 because they're just sooo small and responsive already. We are seeing very positive responses from the people who have had them done though. The VG40 is a larger turbo, and I would expect its results to be more noticeable... quicker spool, better response, and possibly holding boost better as well vs. stock...

Jeremy