View Single Post
#1: 06-10-2007, 06:21 PM
INSTRUCTIONS TO: disable NAV lock out while in motion

XiiiXiii
Title: Junior Member
Car: 07 Spec.B
Send a private message to XiiiXiii Find all posts by XiiiXiii Reply With Quote
I've posted my theories up on other threads but here's an official write up on my tested/working way to unlock your NAV while in motion.

I spent weeks studying the wiring diagrams on both Kenwood and Subaru (If people have access to more Kenwood diagrams I'm interested in seeing them). Turns out Subaru never wired up the parking sensor to the NAV unit under the seat. I have successfully grounded that pin on the wireharness and got the NAV menues to work while driving (see attached picture for proof).

You need to ground the pin on the bottom row (2nd from left). Its the only pin on the bottom row that doesn't have a wire going to it from the Subaru harness.

You can check your work by going to the NAV's main menu (main menu->Nav setup->Nav info->Vehicle Signal). If parking brake say's ON, then you have successfully grounded the correct pin.

My picture shows some ghetto wiring because this was durring my testing trials. The white clip is just used to ground my temporary wire that I shoved into the harness. You will want to probably do a better/cleaner job then my pics show.

Description of pics in order :
-Label of the pin to ground to negative. (thanks to gnlowen, I borrowed his pic)
-Closeup of the wire I shoved in the harness
-Whole shot of the ghetto grounding job done for testing.
-Proof of menu's not locked while car is in motion (I'd take a vid, but hard to do while driving by myself. You can see that the buttons on screen aren't greyed out)
-Item to check to see if you have done it correctly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	groundpin.jpg
Views:	7111
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	38358   Click image for larger version

Name:	closeup.jpg
Views:	4119
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	38359   Click image for larger version

Name:	ghettoground.jpg
Views:	4236
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	38360  

Click image for larger version

Name:	inaction.jpg
Views:	3742
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	38361   Click image for larger version

Name:	pbrakeon.jpg
Views:	4044
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	38413  

Last edited by XiiiXiii; 06-12-2007 at 07:36 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XiiiXiii For This Useful Post:
33larrybirds (11-12-2011), BlackBird97 (06-10-2013), bosc0 (06-25-2012), heleu (05-31-2012), Origtopcat (11-22-2013)
Sponsored links