View Single Post
#42: 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
update

paycer
Title: Senior Member
Car: [05STi stgII]........[08specB.]
Send a private message to paycer Find all posts by paycer Reply With Quote
I've checked all the links that were on the first post and most of them point to the respective site's web pages that talk(ed) about the Subaru VIP program. Many of those web pages are very old and impossible to navigate to from the homepage which leads me to think they are defunct offers now.

Of the websites where I was able to go to the homepage and navigate to a VIP benefit page, nearly all have changed their wording of the deal to read something along the lines of the following:

VIP Partners participants can save up to $3,300* off the manufacturer's suggested retail price (depending on model and equipment selected) on the purchase or lease of any new Subaru from participating dealers.

(* From MSRP. Limited time offer subject to changes without notice. Terms and conditions apply. Certain models may be excluded. This offer replaces all existing offers and is not available in Canada or Hawaii.)

Also, the only website I found that made any mention at all about being 2% BELOW invoice was the National Gardening Association link. I contacted that organization by email and they said that their contract with SOA had expired and there was no VIP benefit through them now at all.

So, that leaves us with no availability of a 2% below invoice (on any of the listed sites) and the rest alluding to possibly the chance that you might get something similar to invoice-like pricing on a new Subie. Clear as mud.

Bummer. Oh well, if anyone hears/sees anything on the contrary, please post it up.