Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK Limited
Aaaaggh! Is that like some kind of reflex or something?
"Hey, everybody, I carved my own front splitter from a whale's pe--"
I've posted this before, but I'm not a big "group buy" kind of guy. Some reasons...(copied from another post of mine)
- Group buys are quite a bit of work to administer.
- From experience, if 40 people say they're interested, in the end, two will actually pay.
- The group buy people always want full normal customer service (and who wouldn't?), despite ordering through a group buy, so it ends up costing us the same as a normal sale.
- Group buys always take longer than they're supposed to, and the members get annoyed.
- I'd like people to order when they want the item, rather than wait for a group buy.
We pride ourselves on our service level, and the group buy thing just doesn't seem consistent with our standards of customer service and prompt order-handling.