View Single Post
#14: 03-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2008 OBXT 5MT, 2002 WRX Wagon, 1958 MGA
Send a private message to Smorris Find all posts by Smorris Reply With Quote
Originally Posted by mwiener2 View Post
you could always get an outback.....

Ummmm, no....

If my WRX was stolen tonight and I absolutley *had* to get a new car today, I'd get the SAAB 9-3 or 9-5 Aero SportCombi (Do you know that if you buy any SAAB Aero that a 2-day drivers class at Road Atlanta is free?) No, it isn't that overpriced. A 9-3 Aero SportCombi with touring package and cold weather package comes in at $33,894 MSRP less incentives, about what I'd pay for a nicely appointed LGT wagon. The 9-5 Aero is $35,241 MSRP less incentives, or about what a Spec B stickers for.

Or I'd get the Volkswagen Touareg I almost bought yesterday, with MSPR of $43,490 and the deal I turned down after I decided to keep the WRX was $39,805.

So I'd have no qualms spending mid-high $30s for a specB wagon! If only Subaru would make me one!

I'd get a used A6 Avant or M-B E-class wagon before the Outback. (I've watched our '01 A6 drop in value to that of my '02 WRX, so I'd probably not buy another new Audi.)

Unclemat, I did follow your sig, and read the stuff here and on NASIOC (all 15 pages of it [I'm ArtGecko over there, but did not add to the thread].) There's no convincing people who's minds are made up...

Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

1958 MGA Roadster____ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport _____ 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon
1991 Mazda Miata_____ 2006 Vespa LX150