Smorris
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2008 OBXT 5MT, 2002 WRX Wagon, 1958 MGA
Send a private message to Smorris Find all posts by Smorris Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiener2 View Post
you could always get an outback.....

Ummmm, no....

If my WRX was stolen tonight and I absolutley *had* to get a new car today, I'd get the SAAB 9-3 or 9-5 Aero SportCombi (Do you know that if you buy any SAAB Aero that a 2-day drivers class at Road Atlanta is free?) No, it isn't that overpriced. A 9-3 Aero SportCombi with touring package and cold weather package comes in at $33,894 MSRP less incentives, about what I'd pay for a nicely appointed LGT wagon. The 9-5 Aero is $35,241 MSRP less incentives, or about what a Spec B stickers for.

Or I'd get the Volkswagen Touareg I almost bought yesterday, with MSPR of $43,490 and the deal I turned down after I decided to keep the WRX was $39,805.

So I'd have no qualms spending mid-high $30s for a specB wagon! If only Subaru would make me one!

I'd get a used A6 Avant or M-B E-class wagon before the Outback. (I've watched our '01 A6 drop in value to that of my '02 WRX, so I'd probably not buy another new Audi.)

Unclemat, I did follow your sig, and read the stuff here and on NASIOC (all 15 pages of it [I'm ArtGecko over there, but did not add to the thread].) There's no convincing people who's minds are made up...

_____
Steve
Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

1958 MGA Roadster____ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport _____ 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon
1991 Mazda Miata_____ 2006 Vespa LX150