Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mountain West (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Official Colorado Spotted Thread :) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9292)

03Indigo 03-02-2005 04:05 PM

Official Colorado Spotted Thread :)

OK, so while at the MINI Cooper dealership to chat with the service manager there, a personal friend of mine, on my way home, I was driving by Burt Subaru, and who do I see pulling out of the parking lot while zipping by in my little Blue Cooper?........I see this beautiful Silver LGT Wagon with a great tint and dark rims....that can only be one person...
JonnyB. So, he caught up to me at a light, and I motioned to roll down his window. I introduced myself, since he would not recognize me (driving the MINI and not the Outback)...and we went to lunch. What are the chances? That also happened to be my first LGT Wagon sighting....man, that was cool.

anyway, Jonny, it was good meeting you, and I will PM you contact info for a possible garage day sometime soon when your items come in.

cheers
jon

ps. this is what I was driving at the time.
http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album11/IMG_0481.jpg

03Indigo 03-07-2005 01:33 AM

What....no one else in Colorado spotted anyone else? Sheesh, are we that few and far between?

Maybe, as i have only seen one LGT Sedan and of course Jonny's LGT Wagon (the only LGT wagon I have seen on the road). I have seen a hand full of Outback 2.5i's on the road, but only 2 other XT's. I seriously thought I would have seen more with sales being a record high recently.

gt_ltd 03-07-2005 01:42 AM

I have seen a few, mostly on 287.

03Indigo 03-07-2005 01:44 AM

anyone you know?

gt_ltd 03-07-2005 02:01 AM

most of them i didn't get a chance to see the driver because it's either on the opposite lane, too far away, or too dark (i am a vampire), the ones i did see were like 50+ yrs old which i don't think will hang out here. i have also been to the boulder area quite a few times since last summer (i think there are more subarus there) but have yet to see any 05 legacy/outback... i guess i should go out more now that the weather is getting warmer and i am no longer sick after 30+ days. :)

03Indigo 03-07-2005 02:42 AM

dude, I am a vampire as well, but that is because of my hectic work schedule.

hopefully we will start seeing more of the new generation cars out on the roads.

enthusiast 03-08-2005 05:55 PM

I see a white wagon and a silver one almost every day along the 470 corridor (heading west). Both drivers are women. If you see a white sedan that is me on 470.

timbuktu 03-09-2005 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enthusiast
I see a white wagon and a silver one almost every day along the 470 corridor (heading west). Both drivers are women. If you see a white sedan that is me on 470.

You must be my evil twin then. I too have a white LGT in the Denver metro area.

Back to the topic at hand... I feel like I see a thousand '05 2.5i Outbacks everyday. Today, I spotted a blue 2.5i sedan on 285. Most of the time though, its all outback, all the time.

03Indigo 03-09-2005 06:25 AM

I also see a ton of outbacks, but the 2.5i, not XTs. I think I have only seen 2 others total, XT's. Maybe I will see some more LGTs when I go in for my first service next Tuesday, hehe.

Dom96 03-10-2005 07:07 AM

Some Upcoming Rally at Hueberger ?

I see several 05 Outbacks every day, and have seen 1 GT sedan (other than Simpletons' and Timbuk's.) When we got together a couple weeks ago, the Simpletons metioned a big rally in the late Spring / early Summer down here in the Springs at Hueberger. From the sounds of it, dozens of high performance Subarus. That might be a good time to find new folks in the area and network...

gt_ltd 03-11-2005 12:46 PM

I saw 2 NA outback's, one black and one silver, in the last 2 days, both at the 104th and Federal intersection. Black one was from Flatiron Subaru and driven by a guy with his wife, the Silver one was driven by a woman at her 50s...

gt_ltd 03-11-2005 03:38 PM

just saw a red XT on I25 south around 2:50pm.

03Indigo 03-11-2005 03:40 PM

I saw a red XT with a massive rack on the roof, tray and everything with a wind deflector. Saw it Thursday down town, about 1pm or so, near coors field. A guy in his mid 30's driving....he was headed south on Blake, I was headed west on Park.

enthusiast 03-14-2005 10:43 PM

Finally saw another LGT. Blue one on Lucent BLVD @ 5:00PM, anyone? :cool:

BWD 03-29-2005 06:06 AM

I was coming down Hampden near Buckley in A-Town, and a white LGT with tint and Fire Fighter plates pulled up behind me. He was motioning back and forth to his wife (about the debadged rear I believe).

Just wanted to say hey to a fellow owner in A-Town!

Thanks, Ben.