Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   PLTek, llc (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Finally a Turbo for Legacy GT/Outback XT ! (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8804)

PLTek 02-20-2005 06:06 PM

Finally a Turbo for Legacy GT/Outback XT !

Hello,

Subaru of America introduced a new VF40 turbo on the 05 Legacy GT/Outback. It is completely different in its compressor housing design making traditional Subaru bolt-on upgrades useless.

Deadbolt Ent. was able to get one of these before the cars were on the dealer lots. This new upgrade starts the new line up that will look similiar to the current Impreza one.

This new model is based on a powerful 18G compressor rated at 39lbs/minute. The turbo should be able to spool to about 17.5-18PSI (normal pressure) by the range of 3300-3800RPM, and be able to support about 370BHP with proper tuning and supporting mods.

This turbo come Monsterported and Coated.

Leadtime is 1.5-3 weeks at this time.

Contact us or order online:

http://www.pltek.net/newlegacy-engine-bo-turbo.htm

Peter Sz.
PLTek,llc
www.pltek.net
tel.508.615.6606
subie@pltek.net

SUBE555 02-20-2005 07:42 PM

Is this a ball-bearing turbocharger?

Kaptan 02-20-2005 07:55 PM

I wonder if COBB will be coming out with new maps for this turbo? Is it even possible to use this turbo with the Cobb stage 1 or 2 maps?

Th3Franz 02-20-2005 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaptan
I wonder if COBB will be coming out with new maps for this turbo? Is it even possible to use this turbo with the Cobb stage 1 or 2 maps?

You'd probably want to use a UTEC if you do a turbo upgrade anyway...

liquidiq 02-20-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th3Franz
You'd probably want to use a UTEC if you do a turbo upgrade anyway...

Or you can use the Street Tuner from Cobb, comes out March 2nd.

PLTek 02-21-2005 11:12 AM

Turbo

Hi,

I am sure that COBB will come out with maps for a turbo set up just as with the WRX/STI. They have a test car so its just a matter of time before they bolt-on an aftermarket turbo and come out with maps.

and of course, with the StreetTuner, you will be able to do that yourself but choosing a base map that the software comes with and tweeking it to fit your upgrades.

Thank you and will post later.

Peter Sz.
PLTek,llc
www.pltek.net

axis008 02-22-2005 12:06 AM

Wait, I don't get it. Subaru of America introduced an upgraded turbo? Does this mean '06 models will have it? Or will they be selling it just to tuners?

Boostjunkie 02-22-2005 12:47 AM

I think the reference to SOA was for the VF40 that is stock on our cars. PLTek is selling a Deadbolt modded turbo that has a bigger compressor wheel that is setup to bolt-on to the stock TMIC.

axis008 02-22-2005 01:05 AM

Oh, oops. I didn't read it. Silly me.

PLTek 02-22-2005 04:57 AM

Turb0

Boostjunkie,

thats correct, the new VF40 comes stock on the Legacy GT, the Deadbolt is a modded version of it.

Talk to you soon guys.

PS
PLTek,llc

lisn2me2 02-22-2005 02:34 PM

will this deadbolt upgrade be able to run with stock injectors and stock ecu mapping?

Avishar 02-22-2005 03:43 PM

Is this a bolt on mod? Does it come with all necessary hoses, piping, injectors?

PLTek 02-22-2005 08:18 PM

DeadBolt TURBO

Hi Guys,

1. The legacy turbos will NOT be able to run with stock injectors and engine
management system. The only turbo that will work safely and correctly would be just a standard Ported or Ported and coated version of the stock turbo, compressor wheel upgrades will change the flow charactaristics too much and would make it unsafe for use with the stock parts. ( you can put the new StreetTuner software from COBB to the test)

2. It is bolt on and includes coolant lines, coolant banjos, banjo seals,
oil return line with gasket and bolts, downpipe studs, and wastegate actuator. It does not come with gaskets for uppipe and downpipe or injectors.

Talk to you soon guys,

Peter Sz.
PLTek,llc

liquidiq 02-22-2005 08:30 PM

I'm still waiting for a USDM FMIC solution before I go upgrading turbos. Plus, if they design it right, you can use any standard bolt-on WRX/STi turbo.

eatV8 02-22-2005 08:33 PM

The guys over on ImprezaWRXSTi.com have had nothing but problems with Deadbolts "Monster black hole" wastegate or whatever they call it. 370hp seems very little over what the stock turbo would offer so would make me wonder if the $ is worth it. I would be waiting for something better to emerge.