Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crucial Racing Systems, Inc. (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Koni struts for LGT. GREAT struts, GREAT price! (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80721)

Crucial Racing 02-04-2008 02:21 PM

Koni struts for LGT. GREAT struts, GREAT price!

I'm a HUGE fan of the Koni inserts. They're definitely one of the very best aftermarket struts in any price range. The dampening curves are great, the adjustment is extremely effective, the performance rocks, and Koni is flat-out amazing about their lifetime warranty.

I know some people shy away because they're inserts and not complete replacement struts. The reasons I actually really like the insert idea are:

*** fitment of brake lines, abs/speed sensor lines, hub bolts, and spring perches is PERFECT because all of those things are OEM. Getting the brake lines and sensor lines to attach properly (i.e. no zip ties necessary!) is a big issue on a lot of aftermarket struts. Since Koni is using the OEM strut housings you're guaranteed absolutely perfect fitment.
*** Koni isn't spending money measuring for and manufacturing strut housings for every car model out there (which would be the part where the strut bolts to your hub, the housing itself, the spring perch, the brake line brackets, etc). You're not paying for a strut housing. I think your money is really going into the internals of the insert -- the valving mechanisms, dampening adjustment, etc. I think it shows in the extreme quality & performance of the product for the price.
*** The installation is WAY easier than most people expect. This is usually a big reason people shy away from inserts but it's shockingly straight forward. If you're actually doing the suspension install yourself, I'm very confident that doing the installation of the inserts portion of it will be the simplest part of the whole deal. Most professional shops are familiar with doing inserts and charge a minimal amount for the process, as it really does not take long.

So............

Koni Sport Inserts for the 05+ Legacy models!!!

8610 1447 Fronts
8010 1053 Rears

Our normal price is $595 shipped for the set of four! :eek: If you see it less somewhere else, send us a link... but this price should be pretty freaking good!!! MSRP is $900...

EDIT: PRICE CHANGE! Koni raised their prices across the board by 10% as of September 1, 2008. Current price from us on the LGT Koni set is $665 shipped in the U.S.!

Jeremy

mattg 02-06-2008 02:59 PM

I thought only the rears were inserts?

Crucial Racing 02-06-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg (Post 1691559)
I thought only the rears were inserts?

Actually I believe the fronts are inserts and the rears are replacement shocks. Forgot about that... 8610 is their insert part number though and the fronts on the LGT are McPherson struts just like the Impreza, which gets inserts all around (and has McPherson struts all around). The rear on the LGT is multi-link though and I do believe they're complete replacement struts on this car (and they do it that way because the strut doesn't have the spring on top of it so there's no spring perch, no brake line brackets, no hub mounting, etc etc so it's just as easy to make a strut that bolts in as an insert).

Jeremy

tytek 02-06-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crucial Racing (Post 1691664)
Actually I believe the fronts are inserts and the rears are replacement shocks. Forgot about that... 8610 is their insert part number though and the fronts on the LGT are McPherson struts just like the Impreza, which gets inserts all around (and has McPherson struts all around). The rear on the LGT is multi-link though and I do believe they're complete replacement struts on this car (and they do it that way because the strut doesn't have the spring on top of it so there's no spring perch, no brake line brackets, no hub mounting, etc etc so it's just as easy to make a strut that bolts in as an insert).

Jeremy

Correct, the fronts are inserts; rears are replacement shocks.

isuace 02-07-2008 09:16 AM

Thats a good price, I love mine.

Crucial Racing 02-07-2008 11:51 AM

Thanks for the bumps, guys!

A lot of people still don't know that we carry (and STOCK) so many brands. 95% of the time we have no problem whatsoever beating any advertised price by a nice margin! www.crucialracing.com/products/other_brands/index.php

Jeremy

mylgt1 02-27-2008 10:49 AM

Are the Koni fronts designed for the usdm LGT tophats or the jdm?

hassa 02-27-2008 12:52 PM

Special price w/Crucial Springs?

Hey Jeremy,

Any plans of offering a "special" package discount if these are purchased along with your soon to be released springs?

Crucial Racing 02-27-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylgt1 (Post 1736873)
Are the Koni fronts designed for the usdm LGT tophats or the jdm?

I don't specifically know the answer to that, but the part numbers I've posted are the ones that Koni North America lists for fitment on the USDM cars. They're definitely being used on USDM cars without issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hassa
Any plans of offering a "special" package discount if these are purchased along with your soon to be released springs?

Absolutely. We're always happy to do package deals :). The price we posted on those struts should be pretty crazy low already though, so there wont be a lot of room to play with that, but we should be able to do a bit of a discount on the springs for customers purchasing springs+struts at the same time.

Jeremy

SC GT 02-27-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crucial Racing (Post 1737444)
I don't specifically know the answer to that, but the part numbers I've posted are the ones that Koni North America lists for fitment on the USDM cars. They're definitely being used on USDM cars without issue.

It would be wise for you to find out the answer to this question. If it uses the stock ones, that would be a good selling point as it would save buyers another $100 compared to Bilstein struts.

If it requires the Spec B tophats, it could cost a buyer a lot of money if he is paying for install, it doesn't work, then has to spring for the Spec B top hats and the cost of another install.

EDIT: I'm not being critical of Crucial because I don't know how they are going to handle this, but I hate it when vendors place the burden of discovering whether a certain part fits upon the buyer instead of doing the leg work themselves before promoting a product. I've bought stuff from Crucial before, and I'm sure they'll find out the answer.

Crucial Racing 02-27-2008 01:36 PM

Here, this should answer it. From Koni's site:

Quote:

Subaru 05-08 Sedan/Wagon 2.5 AWD, incl GT, excl Spec B & Outback - Sport (Yellow)
Sorry, didn't realize the specifics of what mylgt1 was asking... thought I had answered it in that last post :p.

Jeremy

SC GT 02-29-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crucial Racing (Post 1737504)
Here, this should answer it. From Koni's site:

Sorry, didn't realize the specifics of what mylgt1 was asking... thought I had answered it in that last post :p.

Jeremy

I knew you'd come through with the answer! :)

Crucial Racing 02-29-2008 02:44 PM

Well.... you can be confident that I'll at least try ;)

dan_m 03-21-2008 07:00 AM

I'm riding on Konis and I absolutely love them! if I knew Jeremy was selling them I would have bought them from him instead. These shocks will work well with either stock springs or lowering springs. Highly recommended !

harman.khinda 03-21-2008 01:45 PM

crazy good price and I don't have to buy top hats! How long is this sale gonna last? Could I get some more info on the adjustable dampening like were the knob is.