||06-02-2007 11:22 AM
It says it can be transfered for a small fee. But doesn't say how much. I'll have to call subaru; it's their gold protection plan. Here are the details.
The Gold Plus Plans have been designed to take your Added Security coverage to the next level. Like the Classic Plans, the Gold Plus Plans feature important benefits like:
- Covers wear and tear on covered parts
- Protects your Subaru investment
- Inflation hedge on future repair costs
- $150 car rental allowance
- Includes parts and labor
- Nationwide coverage
- Unlimited claims
- Zero deductible option available
But Gold Plus also provides a $100 towing allowance and a toll-free emergency phone number. Added Security Gold Plus enhances the Subaru limited warranty by providing immediate benefits that are not covered by your new car warranty. Some of these are:
- Trip Interruption Allowance
- If your Subaru must be kept in the shop overnight for a covered repair during or after the warranty period, Added Security Gold Plus pays up to $500 towards your actual expenses for lodging and meals for you and your family when the breakdown occurs more than 50 miles from your home.
- If necessary, we can even assist you in locating a nearby hotel, rental car or travel agency.
Road Hazard Protection
- "Sign and Drive" service up to $100 per disablement to get you back on the road as quickly as possible with no cash outlay.
- Emergency dispatched towing for covered warranty or Added Security breakdowns.
- Emergency on-site road service for jump start, gasoline delivery, tire change (with your good spare) and other minor repairs.
- Emergency lockout or locksmith service
- Computerized trip routing
- Lost key retrieval system, and much more!
Subaru Dealer Locator Service
- Guards you against the costs related to tire damage from potholes, nails, glass and other road hazards not covered by the tire manufacturer's warranty. The four original tires are covered for the repairable leaks or punctures during the plan term (not to exceed 50,000 miles). In the event that tire replacement is necessary, the plan will cover the prorated cost up to $200 based on remaining tire tread depth.
Added Security Owner Assistance
- Provides the location and phone number of the nearest Subaru dealer when you travel.
- Toll-free emergency number available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Added Security Gold Plus covers so many parts and accessories that they couldn't possibly all be listed here! The coverage includes the components covered by the Classic Plans such as:
- Engine block, cylinder heads, all internal lubricated parts, camshaft drive belts, intake manifold, flywheel, valve covers, oil sending unit, oil pan, oil pump, motor mounts, seals and gaskets, turbo charger assembly and fuel injection system.
- Transaxle case, all internal parts, torque converter, transmission mounts, seals and gaskets.
- Final drive housing/rear differential assembly, all internal parts, axle shafts, constant velocity joints and boots, double offset joints, propeller shaft, center support bearings, universal joints, wheel bearings and spindle, rear torsion bars and control arms, hub bearings, seals and gaskets.
- MacPherson struts, transverse links/control arms, shafts and bushings, ball joints, steering knuckles, wheel bearings, stabilizer bar and bushings, seals and gaskets.
- Master cylinder, power brake assist unit, anti-lock braking system, traction control system, wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings, disc brake calipers, seals and gaskets.
Cooling and Fuel
- Steering rack assembly, all internal parts, steering column shaft and coupling, universal joints, power steering pump, seals and gaskets.
- Radiator, heater core, engine fans and fan motors, water pump, lines, tank, and sending unit.
- Alternator, voltage regulator, ignition coil, starter motor and solenoid, wiring harnesses, engine management control unit, power door locks, sunroof motor, power window motors and regulators, power mirror motors, windshield wiper motors, heater blower motor and switch, electric instrument display, trip computer, clock, analog dash gauges, speedometer head, horns, electrical relays and manually operated switches.
Towing and Rental Car
- Compressor, clutch and pulley, receiver/dryer, condenser, evaporator, expansion valve (orifice), blower motor and compressor seal (factory installed.)
- If you need a tow due to a covered failure, Added Security pays up to $50 per occurrence. If your car is kept in the shop overnight for a covered failure, Added Security pays up to $30 per day toward a rental car, to a maximum of $200 for each disablement.
In addition to those, Added Security Gold Plus also covers items such as:
- Power antenna
- Cruise control
- Radio and speakers
- Cassette deck
- Seat belt assembly
- Rear window defogger
- Steering wheel
- Engine brackets (including power steering)
- Gear shift levers
- Hand brake levers
- Cables and latches
- Seat releases
- Heater and A/C ducts and vents
- Wiper arms
- Window tracks, guides and handles
- Frame, floor boards and body joints
- O2 and Knock sensors
- CD player
- Power seat motors
- Navigational system
- DVD player