Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cooling Fan relay TSB (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50682)

nx2000 12-27-2006 03:21 PM

Cooling Fan relay TSB

I'm getting really frustrated at my local Subaru dealership's inability to get this part for me. This is BARRIE SUBARU for anyone who wants to know. The parts manager is on vacation for 2 weeks and the fill-ins are absolutely horrible!!! No return phone calls, no updates, no acknowledgement of speaking to me on the phone, etc., etc...

Can anyone confirm for me the part # for the new cooling fan relay. So far, my 05 LGT wagon has not experienced any of the symptoms, but why tempt fate?

The part # or the name of the dealership that you ordered and received your part would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

bugblatterbeast 12-29-2006 01:51 PM

82501AG120 (Canadian part number)

nx2000 01-03-2007 08:33 PM

Thanks. That's the number I gave and they *still* couldn't find it in the system.

bugblatterbeast 01-04-2007 08:03 AM

it isn't in the normal database. they need to call the techline to order it.... better try a different dealer. the guys at Gemini were really good. when it didn't come up in their local database they called up head office and got one ordered for me.

nx2000 01-18-2007 10:51 AM

Thanks. The parts manager finally got back from vacation and he sorted it out no problem. His minions apparently aren't too smart.

Got the part, installed in about 10 mins. I now have piece of mind. :)

Cheers!!

castor 01-18-2007 11:56 AM

Jason,

I know of what you speak regarding Barrie Subaru. Dont get me going on the service manager.

I live outside Barrie, but take my car to Davenport Subaru in Orillia for service stuff now. WAY better.

Chris

clutch 01-21-2007 12:18 PM

Anyone had experience doing full repair (relay and ECU) under warrantee?

Cheers
Jeff

bugblatterbeast 01-21-2007 12:40 PM

had my ecu swapped before the TSB went out. they didn't do the relay. when the TSB was released I just picked up the relay and shoved it in. it was just 10 bucks so it wasn't worth the time to send the car in and wait around when the swap takes a few mins in the driveway.

waynekranzler 01-21-2007 12:40 PM

Yes, about four months ago. Showed dealer the TSB, they ordered the parts and there was no problem...Search earlier thread on this subject.

EJ255_alan 01-22-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clutch (Post 961565)
Anyone had experience doing full repair (relay and ECU) under warrantee?

Cheers
Jeff

yes i did.....they replaced the relay n coolant temp sensor at first...but then problem still exist, so I got a TSB print out and show'em, and done

all these were done @ markham subaru

alan

clutch 01-24-2007 09:04 AM

Thanks for the responses.

I just spoke with Subaru of Mississauga. They recognized the problem right away and made an appointment for me. I'm past the 50k warrantee already but they said they'll cover the hole thing anyway:D. The Tech on the phone also mentioned as this involves the ECU it is covered under the Emission side of the warrantee (not under the major components).
Cheers

EJ255_alan 01-24-2007 05:06 PM

yes... as emission system covers the ECU as well....but i'm not sure how much/long the emission warranty last...was it up to 130000km?

alan

clutch 01-31-2007 07:34 PM

Well SOM fixed the problem with the fan/ECU and didn't even flinch when they saw the mods (STi conversion). They treated me very well.