Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Warranty Issues & Problems (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   SOA 5MT Cruise Control Fix Incompatible with AP/TDC Reflash (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48638)

Jon [in CT] 11-26-2006 04:42 PM

SOA 5MT Cruise Control Fix Incompatible with AP/TDC Reflash

If you have a 2005 MT LGT and an AP or have been "pro-tuned" (snicker) by TDC, you probably are susceptible to a problem where the cruise-control shuts down. SOA has issued a fix, but AP and Protune maps don't incorporate it.

You'll need to decide which is more important; cruise control or AP/TDC.

Deer Killer 11-26-2006 05:24 PM

It probably just shuts down the neutral position sensor, could just get that fixed.. *shrug*..

hogmeat 11-28-2006 09:42 PM

Why the "snicker" at TDC? Calling a mod-list a protune? yah yah, I know :)

rc0032 11-28-2006 09:46 PM

Where are you going with this Jon? We all know your open source community is great are you going to tell us how to fix it?

phoenix96 12-01-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deer Killer (Post 877224)
It probably just shuts down the neutral position sensor, could just get that fixed.. *shrug*..

Replacing the neutral position switch does not fix the problem.
I wonder if there are any plans from Cobb to incorporate this fix somehow? It's very frustrating to not have cruise control.

BlackGT 12-01-2006 08:40 AM

Huh? I have a MT 2005 with AP, and so do a bunch of others, my cruise is working fine. Is this some sort of known issue I have completely missed?

mickeyd2005 12-01-2006 09:12 AM

I'm fairly sure that Cobb could incorporate any important Subaru fixes by creating new base maps based upon the fixed OEM map. The open source community does it that way.

Paradiso 12-01-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackGT (Post 885530)
Huh? I have a MT 2005 with AP, and so do a bunch of others, my cruise is working fine. Is this some sort of known issue I have completely missed?

+1
05 5mt, AP, TDC map, my cruise works fine.

mickeyd2005 12-01-2006 10:31 AM

Some people in the forums have had problems with their cruise control disengaging. I've read a lot about shimming and other mechanical fixes.

It appears from Jon's comments that Subaru believes that it is an electronic problem much like the "stutter" problem. For example, Subaru issued a new ROM that was supposed to fix the "stutter" but a lot of forum members who received the new Subaru flash said the stutter came back.

Therefore, I'm not that optimistic that this new Subaru flash will do anything. Since only a few members have had this problem... it would seem to be more mechanical related. Maybe the new flash makes the ECU less sensitive to mechanical differences?

BTW, I never use the cruise so I have no idea if I'm affected or not... I guess I better use it and find out before I void my warranty.

psucaptainkickass 12-01-2006 11:04 AM

Idea: This would apply to AP 2.0 people. Is it possible for someone who gets the fix, to capture their ECU, and then share it? I don't know how the AP 2.0 works...I know it can capture your ECU for revert to stock mode, but after you capture it can you offload it off the AP like any normal map. This would also facilitate backing your ECU up in multiple places, as well as the ability to use other "original" ECUs while retaining your stock config in the event you need to restore your car to original specs.

TDC Tuning 12-01-2006 03:06 PM

I always find your posts amusing jon.

PLEASE PLEASE come up here and show me how to tune, please ?!?!

i need your vast knowledge of subaru TSB's i dont know how i can get through life without them.

back on topic, i have no say over what the base maps are that cobb provides i simply adjust them as needed for people

Jon [in CT] 12-01-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Tuning (Post 886225)
back on topic, i have no say over what the base maps are that cobb provides i simply adjust them as needed for people

Actually, you do have a say. As a Protuner, you could agitate that they re-base their base maps to the latest Subaru CalID in order to incorporate fixes Subaru has introduced since the car was manufactured. As it is now, marrying an AP regresses the microcode back to the level it had when manufactured.

But you've made it clear that you don't really care about this regression problem.

TDC Tuning 12-01-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon [in CT] (Post 886535)
Actually, you do have a say. As a Protuner, you could agitate that they re-base their base maps to the latest Subaru CalID in order to incorporate fixes Subaru has introduced since the car was manufactured. As it is now, marrying an AP regresses the microcode back to the level it had when manufactured.

But you've made it clear that you don't really care about this regression problem.

how wrong you are

i have tried this
over and over

thats why V2 is V2
and does what it does

i have no idea
why they wont update and change it
i tried

SubiGT 12-01-2006 07:36 PM

AP/TDC map here. No cruise problems at all

Deer Killer 12-01-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon [in CT] (Post 886535)

No he can't, base maps don't contain the ECU ROMS.. for the AP V1 they have a version of the ROM the hacked and a backup copy from it restores when you unmarry it. Unmarrying an AP regresses the car to the version ROM preloaded in the AP which you have no control over.

OpenECU tools can overcome such obstacles since they have no custom ROM and edit only the maps in ROM, so subaru's code is left intact.