Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing, Maintenance, and Long-term care (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Legacy Maintenance Guide (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46142)

Opie 10-22-2006 08:56 AM

Legacy Maintenance Guide

Figured this had a lot of good basic info for Legacy owners....

Legacy Maintenance Guide (Link is no longer working)

rao 10-22-2006 08:58 AM

Good stuff, this should answer 95% of the general maintenance questions.

Sticky time :)

itzed 10-24-2006 06:41 PM

That's just the owner's manual. A free pdf download from my.subaru.com.

Pugsly 10-24-2006 07:08 PM

Any chance you have the maintenance schedule?

itzed 10-25-2006 02:57 AM

It's all right here:

https://my.subaru.com/

urs1ne 01-09-2007 01:57 PM

Does anyone have a list of what is done/checked in each service from my.subaru.com?

djkxgo0k 12-26-2007 03:35 PM

i have a question regarding maintenance of the interior:

i had the steering wheel replaced on my LGT, and i was just curious to see if anyone knows how to keep the leather from fading/tearing/wearing down? the steering wheel before had visible leather fade and wear from sweat and oils.

is the entire steering wheel made of leather? it feels like only the middle inner part is made out of leather and the outer part is of some other material. anyone have any idea?

BigT 05-30-2008 03:01 PM

I'm pretty sure the whole thing is made of leather, except for the middle piece where the horn is. My car has almost 60,000 miles and the steering wheel looks great. I think a big thing would be how clean peoples hands are. If you have a dirty job, just keep some handy wipes in your car. Other than that, just care for it like any other leather, conditioner and don't scrape it with your keys, zippers etc.

jospgut 05-30-2008 03:10 PM

hey. i need help, i just changed my engine, radiator and thermostat, i dont know whats haeppening because my car is heating up, i went to the mechanic and they dont know, all the water from the radiator is going to the plastic tank and when that happen it starts to heating up

blackfang 05-30-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jospgut (Post 1904639)
hey. i need help, i just changed my engine, radiator and thermostat, i dont know whats haeppening because my car is heating up, i went to the mechanic and they dont know, all the water from the radiator is going to the plastic tank and when that happen it starts to heating up

Head gaskets??

Chances are we wont know either being you replaced the engine. Maybe taking it to a competent shop that deals with Subaru's?

itzed 05-31-2008 04:41 AM

Based on reading your message, I'm betting it's not something you can fix yourself. ;) Obviously the coolant is not circulating through the engine, but since it's possible the problem could be with the hoses, radiator, thermostat, gaskets, and water passages in the engine, it's impossible to tell you where to start.

Impulse 05-31-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jospgut (Post 1904639)

99% sure its a headgasket, had the same thing happen to a used 98 wagon we just got

jospgut 06-09-2008 01:06 AM

damn! but how come, the engine has 30ooo miles in it i just change it, the fans have to do something with it?

BigT 06-14-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jospgut (Post 1918504)
damn! but how come, the engine has 30ooo miles in it i just change it, the fans have to do something with it?

Possibly, but it does sound like a head gasket. You should probably take it to a subaru dealer and at least get them to diagnose the problem.

jonklein611 07-08-2008 09:04 PM

Any advice for breaking 200,000? Im almost there. Anything big I have to worry about?