Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Warranty Issues & Problems (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ER HC code (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43375)

iMouseGT 09-15-2006 09:30 AM

ER HC code

Hard to search to see if anyone else had this problem, but it's a P0600 code and the trip meter reads "ER HC". The CEL trips and the cruise control indicator flashes. The car temp also reads H. I pulled into a parking lot and reset the code with my scanner and everything was fine after that. I was driving normally the whole time when it tripped. I have an 06 stage 2 that's been running great for 4 months. Just wondering if anyone knows why this happened just incase I run into it again.

lookslikeanevo 09-15-2006 09:32 AM

did you check your oil and coolant levels?

iMouseGT 09-15-2006 09:38 AM

Yup all good. Seemed to me just an electrical glitch with the dash.

jton 09-15-2006 11:21 PM

Mine just did it tonight. I was driving around getting my Avic-N2 to up the 3d Calibration and i noticed the engine read HOTTTT, and the odo said ER HC....

No CEL or CC lights though. It went away when i turned the car off and on.

KGreb 09-21-2006 08:35 AM

ER HC = Error with high speed CAN communication bus. As the data which is used to drive the cluster is transferred over CAN, it is not surprising that the gauges may have given odd data.

trohler 09-21-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jton (Post 764641)
Mine just did it tonight. I was driving around getting my Avic-N2 to up the 3d Calibration and i noticed the engine read HOTTTT, and the odo said ER HC....

No CEL or CC lights though. It went away when i turned the car off and on.

Same thing happened tonight to me. Guess its something semi-common, nothing to worry about i guess.

Tolly

jxjjang 10-13-2008 06:03 PM

bringing up an old thread but..

while i was driving tonight, i got a CEL and a flashing cruise light with the Err HC code on my dash. i dunno if it was me or not, but my acceleration under light load seemed very jerky. with constant light pressure on my throttle, my boost gauge would go from -0.6 to -0.2 and would surge between the two. i'm VERY familiar with the way i drive, and surging between those two numbers under vacuum would require a bit of change in my throttle pressure.

i tried to shut off my car and restart it, but the CEL was still there. i might just disconnect my battery tomorrow and see if i can reset it, but is there any other potentially serious problems that might happen? i dont understand why an "error with high speed CAN communication bus" would have anything to do with how i drive my car.

i have an 06 GT with only intake/exhaust. no ECU reflashes.

blackfang 10-13-2008 07:30 PM

Do you have any after market remote start or alarm systems?

jxjjang 10-13-2008 07:51 PM

nope. the only aftermarket electrical components are.. sti gauges, HIDs, halos, and some LEDs

blackfang 10-13-2008 08:02 PM

Nothing wired into the BIU?

jxjjang 10-13-2008 08:10 PM

what's BIU?

blackfang 10-14-2008 05:37 AM

Body Integrated Unit. This controls a lot of the vehicle settings and controls.

jxjjang 10-14-2008 05:26 PM

ohh, nothing's connected to that. i disconnected my battery and the CEL went away, throttle's back to normal too.

any other ideas?

leggtnut 12-03-2008 07:47 PM

Just happened to me :(. Exact same thing. "ER HC", temp at full hot, fluid levels normal, IC warm to the touch, radiator cool to the touch, radiator fans running at full tilt, check engine light on and cruse light flashing. turned the car off and back on. and "ER HC"is gone, fans running at full tilt, check engine light is on, curse is still flashing, but temp is now normal.

No mods except for a drop in AVO filter.

Taking it to Suby tomorrow.

cfdrumr 12-03-2008 11:36 PM

that is the code when you reflash ur ECU