Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   FastWRX.com (Mach V Motorsports) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Now in stock: Tokico HTS shocks for Legacy GT (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40851)

Mach V Dan 08-11-2006 06:46 PM

Now in stock: Tokico HTS shocks for Legacy GT
 
Edit 6/29/07: After some time with no stock available, we do have Tokico's on our shelves again!

Tokico HTS shocks -- click me!

Click the link for pricing and ordering.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

LittleBlueGT 08-11-2006 10:17 PM

About time!

Thanks.

Waxiboy 08-15-2006 08:01 AM

What springs work well with these? I am thinking of replicating Bilstein+Pinks combo in terms of ride height and ride (based on user comments).

Mach V Dan 08-15-2006 11:15 AM

I use them with the Swift springs, which I think are awesome. I love both the stance and the ride, and the HTS can obviously be adjusted so they're not under-damped like with the stock shocks.

I don't sell the JDM pinks, but from other reports on these forums they are ideal for those as well.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

Boulderguy 08-15-2006 11:19 AM

For what it's worth, I spoke with about 10 vendors, maybe more when I was trying to find suspension options for my car. It was almost a joke how unprofessional the ppl I spoke with were - repeated calls not returned, uneducated opinions, incorrect info, general unprofessional attitudes. I could give specifics you wouldn't believe but it'd be inappropriate.

Dan at Mach V was the one exception to that experience & the only one who seemed to run a real, customer-focused & driven business. And ultimately the product he recommended for me I had to buy somewhere else b/c he didn't sell it. That's professionalism - being able to put my needs before his inventory, let alone the ppl skills.

So when I need something in the future, that's who I'll call. I don't mind paying for experience & judgement, I've found it tends to be much cheaper that way in the long run anyhow.

Those of you just looking for the best price will ultimately pay far more in other ways.

So one vote for Mach V Dan.

PhilT 08-15-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan (Post 718399)
I use them with the Swift springs, which I think are awesome. I love both the stance and the ride, and the HTS can obviously be adjusted so they're not under-damped like with the stock shocks.

I don't sell the JDM pinks, but from other reports on these forums they are ideal for those as well.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

When you say you love the stance, do they make the car sit lower ?

I've just fitted a set of Swifts to my SWP wagon, and it would be nice to see before and after pics of your car Dan. Thanks.

Mach V Dan 08-15-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boulderguy (Post 718409)
...So one vote for Mach V Dan.

Thanks for the nice note, Boulderguy.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

Mach V Dan 08-15-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilT (Post 718417)
When you say you love the stance, do they make the car sit lower ?

The springs do. The shocks don't change the ride height by themselves.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...S-smallest.jpg

Quote:

I've just fitted a set of Swifts to my SWP wagon, and it would be nice to see before and after pics of your car Dan. Thanks.
Before (stock suspension):
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...5017Medium.jpg

After (Swift/Tokico):
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24.../Frontside.jpg

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

rao 08-16-2006 10:19 AM

Not in stock any more :(

Mach V Dan 08-16-2006 10:25 AM

Correct, sorry. All out for now. Tokico is whittling more as I write this.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

Waxiboy 08-16-2006 04:14 PM

Wow, that was fast!

rossodave 08-21-2006 08:00 AM

Dan,

Were the Tokico's that you had red or grey colored? Do they need the JDM/SpecB tophats to work correctly?

:confused:

Han'sGT 08-21-2006 08:21 AM

:munch:

Mach V Dan 08-21-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossodave (Post 726231)
Were the Tokico's that you had red or grey colored? Do they need the JDM/SpecB tophats to work correctly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossodave (Post 726231)
Were the Tokico's that you had red or grey colored? Do they need the JDM/SpecB tophats to work correctly?

Red. The threaded part was a little short (as reported from people who are getting the newest HTS shocks), but we used the stock USDM tophats, and I haven't had any problems. I check them periodically, but there's not a whole lot of stress on those nuts, so I'm not too worried about it.

I think the Spec B top hats would fit the upper threads better, but I was concerned that ride height would not be the same, so I stuck with the stock GT top hats.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

LittleBlueGT 08-21-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan (Post 726306)
Red. The threaded part was a little short (as reported from people who are getting the newest HTS shocks), but we used the stock USDM tophats, and I haven't had any problems. I check them periodically, but there's not a whole lot of stress on those nuts, so I'm not too worried about it.

I think the Spec B top hats would fit the upper threads better, but I was concerned that ride height would not be the same, so I stuck with the stock GT top hats.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

Agreed, it WILL mess up your ride height, and you will not be happy!

Again, three threads is all you need to hold those things on.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 PM.


LegacyGT.com