Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   FastWRX.com (Mach V Motorsports) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   AWD Tow Decal (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25643)

Mach V Dan 01-11-2006 01:53 PM

AWD Tow Decal

A fellow forum member suggested that you all might want to know about this decal we sell:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...notowdecal.jpg

As you probably know, an AWD car cannot be safely towed in the traditional way. If you have two wheels on the ground, you can destroy the center differential. Many tow truck drivers don't know or don't care -- search the NASIOC forums for horror stories. This decal helps them not make that mistake.

AWD Tow Decal -- click me!

Click the link for pricing and to order.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

hondas123 01-11-2006 04:57 PM

That's a good idea. Where do you suggest placing the sticker?? Hopefully if it needs towing I'd be there to be certain it's a flatbed. My wife however, wouldn't know the difference.

hondas123 01-11-2006 04:59 PM

Duhh...I just read the site, it answered my question. Thanks.

gfxdave99 01-11-2006 05:28 PM

ohh other neat decals on there too

jonnyg113 01-29-2006 01:30 PM

wouldnt a flat bed tow hurt the AWD and the parking break as well? the car still has to be pulled 10 feet to get on the truck.

meier motor sports 01-29-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg113
wouldnt a flat bed tow hurt the AWD and the parking break as well? the car still has to be pulled 10 feet to get on the truck.

1st its 10 feet
2nd they have ways to make tires slide
3rd if your car is being towed i think u have bigger fish to fry then worring about the parking brake (pluse if you are having it towed u could simply release the parking brake:icon_lol:)
4th every time you go around your turn your differentials (all of them) slip and do what they are suposed to, a straight pull up a ramp with all wheels on the ground wont hurt much of anything.

side note. the sticker is a good idea if u are in an area where u might get towed agaisnt your will. ie parking ticket or something. if you are having the car towed on pourpos u can controll what kinda tow it is

lag 02-09-2006 04:24 PM

My question would be, how inforceable would the sticker be. As in the liability part of it? That is a great sticker but I could still see "Joe tow truck driver" dragging the car to the pound with the diffs smoking and being laughed at when I point to the sticker and say pay up.

My horror story is that I had to get my old Rx-7 pulled out of a ditch (don't ask) I'm sitting there talking to a cop and I see the tow truck driver way under my car. So I stop Johnny law in mid sentence and go over and ask the tow/driver what he's doing. His reply "I'm looking for a way to get this hook around the **AXLE**. I look at him and point to the very large tow hook Rx-7s have in the rear and say "THIS is where you put the hook, that is what a tow hook is made for".

So in short, I still believe that if I got towed without me being there (sticker or not) that it would be dragged. And dispite having a sticker like that would be up shits creek when my diffs are gone.

Are there any law majors in the room?

Rommel 02-09-2006 04:59 PM

Dan - do you have one in a Legacy wagon instead of STI:)

Mach V Dan 02-09-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX_LGT
Dan - do you have one in a Legacy wagon instead of STI:)

Sorry, no. Not enough Legacy buyers to justify a special sticker just for Legacies...

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

highwaydrifter 02-09-2006 08:30 PM

seven dollars for that sticker?

thats a joke right....

*Jedimaster* 02-10-2006 04:23 AM

I bought the "remove restrictive clothing" sticker- at least I was going to until I saw it was shipped for 7 dollars via UPA. I never completed the order but it came anyway- that was a nice touch...

Mach V Dan 02-10-2006 09:31 PM

Our default shipping for everything we sell is UPS, because it's reliable and trackable. But for super-light stuff like decals, we offer a budget shipping option, where your item goes in a normal USPS envelope. We don't guarantee that service, but it is only a buck...

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

Mach V Dan 02-10-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaydrifter
seven dollars for that sticker?

Have you had any custom cling decals made lately?

Every item is worth exactly what the buyer pays for it. If you think the price is too high, this item is not worth enough to you. But it's not like we're getting rich selling decals. The price we charge is dictated by the cost to us.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

highwaydrifter 02-10-2006 09:56 PM

Look man im not going to crap on your thread, but i DO KNOW HOW MUCH CUSTOM CLING DECALS COST TO MAKE IN BATCHES OF 100 OR LESS...

lets just say there is plenty of room to drop the price down...

But hey you can do wtf you want... And its all about your priorities man, and the price you charge is not only dictated by cost, but also by your priorities.

Mach V Dan 02-10-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaydrifter
Look man im not going to crap on your thread...

:confused:

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com