Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A few questions about lowering (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215468)

Webbiedutches 10-13-2013 03:04 PM

A few questions about lowering

Hi I am planning on lowering my legacy and have found springs I think I'm going with the epic springs. Are they a good brand? Also will I need to buy a camber kit,control arms,camber bolts,anything like that? Or will I be able To get away with just buying the springs and not sacrifice ride comfort?

idiot4hire 10-13-2013 04:06 PM

Your gonna want to get new struts, konis are the best bet and most popular.

To get the best out if your springs and struts or gonna need
Whiteline bump steer kit and lower control arm bushings front and rear.

Webbiedutches 10-13-2013 04:50 PM

Thanks for the info buddy greatly appreciated

BX77 10-13-2013 05:04 PM

+1 on the info , pretty much what I have

m sprank 10-13-2013 05:15 PM

Epics are Eibach Pro-Kits re-branded (ask me how I know, Lol). They are designed to work with stock struts. I have over 30k miles on my wifes 08 5EAT runing KYB GR2's (KYB replacments for eth oOEM struts that they make for Subaru) and Epic springs. Konis are better, but overkill if you dont have the budget. On Epics the car will dial right back into factory alignment specs.

idiot4hire 10-13-2013 07:11 PM

^ listen to him over me. Also while the two vendors are here. Are pinks really the only good match with HD's

khurlburt 10-14-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m sprank (Post 4609620)
Epics are Eibach Pro-Kits re-branded (ask me how I know, Lol). They are designed to work with stock struts. I have over 30k miles on my wifes 08 5EAT runing KYB GR2's (KYB replacments for eth oOEM struts that they make for Subaru) and Epic springs. Konis are better, but overkill if you dont have the budget. On Epics the car will dial right back into factory alignment specs.

So epics can be ran with no alignment issues on stock struts? Awesome :cool:

careercadaver 10-14-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khurlburt (Post 4609911)
So epics can be ran with no alignment issues on stock struts? Awesome :cool:

No. Any adjustment to ride height will take the car out of alignment. I believe he's saying the drop is not so significant that it will max out the camber bolts.

iNVAR 10-14-2013 10:16 AM

My rear camber went out a little bit as a result of having Epics, but nothing really out of wack. Front was easily adjusted.

khurlburt 10-14-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by careercadaver (Post 4610027)
No. Any adjustment to ride height will take the car out of alignment. I believe he's saying the drop is not so significant that it will max out the camber bolts.

That's what I meant.. Didn't word that very well apparently. Cause with my progress springs they said I would have needed camber plates. Don't really want to mess with that. Would definitely rather have some that can use factory camber adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

m sprank 10-14-2013 04:42 PM

You will need an alignment. But the car should dial back into factory specs on the alignment rack. My 08 5EAT does (and still does after over 30k on the KYB/Epic combo).

IMHO Pinks are not anywhere near worth the cost.

idiot4hire 10-14-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m sprank (Post 4610460)
You will need an alignment. But the car should dial back into factory specs on the alignment rack. My 08 5EAT does (and still does after over 30k on the KYB/Epic combo).

IMHO Pinks are not anywhere near worth the cost.

What's a good match with HD's

m sprank 10-14-2013 08:13 PM

Epics, H&R, Swift all mate well.