Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FS (NY/LI): Swift Springs on Tokico Struts, AVO TMIC, GTSpec UELH + UP (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214227)

AmSnow440 09-16-2013 04:21 PM

FS (NY/LI): Swift Springs on Tokico Struts, AVO TMIC, GTSpec UELH + UP
 
18 Attachment(s)
Going back to stock, here is the first batch of parts:

Item #1:
Tokico adjustable dampers with Swift springs. Bought these new, they have about 8K miles on them, practically new. Comes with (new at the time) Spec. B top hats, Spec. B upper perches, dust covers, bump stops, rear shock mounts, and adjustment tool. These are the wagon springs which help eliminate the "saggy butt" effect. Drop is about 2 inches after settling. - SOLD!!

Item #2:
AVO TMIC. Bought this from a forum member about 1.5 years ago. Excellent condition with only a few slightly bent fins. - SOLD!!

Item #3:
GTSpec unequal length headers and Up Pipe. Bought these new 2 years ago, all welds and flanges look good. UP has EGT bung and header has O2 bung at collector. No leaks. - $450 Shipped

Any questions feel free to ask. Can provide more/better pics if necessary. More parts soon.

Sideways the Seven 09-16-2013 09:13 PM

Nice setup(s). That suspension has me thinking.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

xmarksthespotx 09-16-2013 09:58 PM

pm'ed for tmic

AmSnow440 09-17-2013 05:30 AM

All pms replied!

IGW 09-17-2013 05:38 AM

What was the ride quality like on these struts/springs?

BarManBean 09-17-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGW (Post 4584093)
What was the ride quality like on these struts/springs?

I have the same setup, ride quality is certainly firmer than stock but my wife / 1yo ride in the car without much complaint. It's nice and tight in the corners.

AmSnow440 09-17-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarManBean (Post 4584131)
I have the same setup, ride quality is certainly firmer than stock but my wife / 1yo ride in the car without much complaint. It's nice and tight in the corners.

Exactly. The car handled really well and the dampers can be adjusted to suit your driving preferences. Anywhere from firm to completely reasonable for DD.

IGW 09-17-2013 09:57 AM

Why did u remove all these parts?

FatalTheory 09-17-2013 09:58 AM

Also thinking about the suspension... How are the tokicos compared the koni yellows? I've been looking at swifts/yellows for a while.

BMB - define "without much complaining"

AmSnow440 09-17-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGW (Post 4584353)
Why did u remove all these parts?

I'm going back to stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatalTheory (Post 4584356)
Also thinking about the suspension... How are the tokicos compared the koni yellows? I've been looking at swifts/yellows for a while.

BMB - define "without much complaining"

From all the things I read pre-purchase, the Tokicos are less stiff than the yellows. I have no first hand experience with the Konis mind you, and am strictly basing this off of members experiences.

BarManBean 09-17-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatalTheory (Post 4584356)
Also thinking about the suspension... How are the tokicos compared the koni yellows? I've been looking at swifts/yellows for a while.

BMB - define "without much complaining"

I'll rephrase--"no complaining", lol. Keep in mind I bought the car with this setup, although I previously had a stock 05 wagon, so there's that.

Edit: it's also worth noting that the adjustability of either konis or tokicos might be a bit overplayed. The advantage of the adjustability is that you can match the struts to your springs. If you make them too soft or too hard for your specific springs though you'll likely end up with ride comfort issues--sometimes making them stiffer seems to actually improve the ride, not make it worse. Keep in mind also that the tokicos use spec.b style front top hats while konis use lgt/obxt style front top hats.

IGW 09-17-2013 11:16 AM

So the hats on these will not work with a reg 2005 lgt?

AmSnow440 09-17-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarManBean (Post 4584419)
I'll rephrase--"no complaining", lol. Keep in mind I bought the car with this setup, although I previously had a stock 05 wagon, so there's that.

Edit: it's also worth noting that the adjustability of either konis or tokicos might be a bit overplayed. The advantage of the adjustability is that you can match the struts to your springs. If you make them too soft or too hard for your specific springs though you'll likely end up with ride comfort issues--sometimes making them stiffer seems to actually improve the ride, not make it worse. Keep in mind also that the tokicos use spec.b style front top hats while konis use lgt/obxt style front top hats.

Everything BMB has said is true, I ran these on the firmer side of the adjustment to match the stiffer spring rates of the swifts. I will amend my previous statement and say that I would not recommend running these on the softest damping settings, as the Swifts' spring rates would not match that well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGW (Post 4584462)
So the hats on these will not work with a reg 2005 lgt?

They will. The struts themselves require the spec. b top hats due to the length of the threaded portion at the top of the strut rod being for JDM/ USDM Spec B. style tops hats and spring perches. That's why the struts are included with the all the required Spec. b bits which allow for a direct bolt up. I also own a 05' LGT and they fit perfect.

FatalTheory 09-17-2013 11:33 AM

Dammit I wish I wasn't poor. Would you be open to a payment plan? Lol.....

baconbits 09-17-2013 11:44 AM

Pics of suspension on the car? Seems like more drop than I want but a coworker is pretty much a walking salesman for Tokico... loves his D-Spec struts on RCE springs on his 2nd gen WRX.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 AM.


LegacyGT.com