Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds - ARCHIVE (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   NEW STI Pedals for Sale (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21213)

RiceKiller2.5GTL 10-25-2005 07:48 PM

NEW STI Pedals for Sale

I am selling my set of STI pedals that I purchased from the Subaru dealer. I had them on my 2005 Legacy GT Limited for a day, then I crashed my car. I am buying 06 WRX, so I have no use for these pedals. They are currently on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

I would prefer to sell these via eBay. HAPPY BIDDING!

OCDetails 10-25-2005 07:59 PM

any reason you didn't post this in the member's classifieds area? Just curious.

So why did you wreck the car? Too much power so it's time to step down to the WRX? :lol:

Actually, another question is why you have been talking about mods that you had done and will do to the car for way more than a day if you only had the car for one day? From reading your posts you would think you had the car for months.

edit: oh, wait... so the car didn't come with the pedals, but you put them on the day before you wrecked, right? That makes more sense. Anything else you are parting out on the car?

Brady 10-25-2005 08:00 PM

The irony here being that I'd be more interested in buying your WRX pedal set than those.

Telephone pole?! :eek:

Me and OCD reprazentin da LGT Bastards! :lol: ;)

Limeade 10-25-2005 08:13 PM

Man I hate that red, would gettem if they were black.

OCDetails 10-25-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limeade
Man I hate that red, would gettem if they were black.

Same here. One of the first things I did was sell my STi pedals and get the WRX ones with the dead pedal. I might have even stuck with the STI ones if there was a dead pedal that covered the stock one with pink dots. The STi pedal just doesn't cut it.

Limeade 10-25-2005 08:50 PM

Pink, I mean I know thats their trademark, but thats just not me.

jonnyg113 10-25-2005 09:37 PM

Aight... I threw 65 bucks on the bid on ebay. hook me up wit some pedals for my 06'.... Just dont give me the bad luck that the pedals gave you!!!!

RiceKiller2.5GTL 10-26-2005 06:08 PM

just to clarify...i had the car for about a month and put the pedals on the day before i crashed it. I am also planning on selling the Stock Exhaust that has less than 500 miles on it, since i had the Greddy EVO2, but it was bent up too bad to keep. Oh and the just to let you guys know...the '06 WRX has the same exact engine (2.5L turbo) as the Legacy does, just tuned to 20 less horse in a lighter car, so it is not a step down in any means. Its a step up actually given the power and handling, just not as luxurios or "sleeper" like as the legacy.

Chappy 10-26-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceKiller2.5GTL
just to clarify...i had the car for about a month and put the pedals on the day before i crashed it. I am also planning on selling the Stock Exhaust that has less than 500 miles on it, since i had the Greddy EVO2, but it was bent up too bad to keep. Oh and the just to let you guys know...the '06 WRX has the same exact engine (2.5L turbo) as the Legacy does, just tuned to 20 less horse in a lighter car, so it is not a step down in any means. Its a step up actually given the power and handling, just not as luxurios or "sleeper" like as the legacy.

its definately a step down....I went from an 05 wrx to the 05 LGT and there is a huge difference in how the car is built and the overall feel. Plus it is a bigger car and feels it. The WRX was to small to fell comfortable in..
Good Luck with it..

RiceKiller2.5GTL 10-27-2005 07:06 AM

yes but have you driven the 06? abviously not. dont get me wrong, i loved the legacy, but i love small sports car too and the 06 wrx was my first choice

mwiener2 10-27-2005 09:16 AM

your insurance company hates you

PGT 10-27-2005 10:38 AM

moved to 'classifieds'

Joel Gat 10-27-2005 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceKiller2.5GTL
just to clarify...[...]...the '06 WRX has the same exact engine (2.5L turbo) as the Legacy does, just tuned to 20 less horse in a lighter car, so it is not a step down in any means. Its a step up actually given the power and handling, just not as luxurios or "sleeper" like as the legacy.

Hello,

Well, just to clarify, also, the WRX has a smaller turbo and intercooler, so it's not just tuned for less power, it has less power potential.

As a comparison, I brought my '05 OXT and my friend's '06 WRX to Trey for tuning. On the OXT, I had him install an up-pipe and a turbo-back and give me a custom pro-tune. On the WRX (which has the smog pump instead of the up-pipe cat), he added a turbo-back and did a custom pro-tune. Both were done on California gas. So the two cars had the same exhaust plumbing but different turbos and intercoolers.

Stock '06 WRX:
Hp: 202.0@5800
Tq: 234.2@3800

Stock '05 OXT:
Hp: 212.8@5600
Tq: 227.5@3800

"Stage 2" WRX:
Hp: 224.8@5400
Tq: 271.1@3000

"Stage 2+" OXT:
Hp: 250.5@5200
Tq: 291.2@3600

So the Legacy turbo flows quite a bit more, giving the OXT 25 more hp and 20 more ft-lbs in peak potential, but the true story comes in when you see the dyno charts. From 2600 to 5500 rpms, the OXT is making more than 225 hp at the wheels, which means more power than the peak power from the WRX.

Just to clarify :)

Oh, and the build quality of the OXT is still better than the WRX, though the '06 WRX Limited sure feels a heck of a lot better, interior quality-wise, than my '05 STi (which makes about 238 hp, 248 ft-lbs, so more HP than a Stage 2 WRX, but less than a Stage 2 OXT).

Joel :D