Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone gone from LGT to Evo X? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210867)

Moddiction 07-14-2013 10:03 AM

Anyone gone from LGT to Evo X?

I just got the legacy over the winter for a daily driver. I have a boosted s2000 for the summer/weekends etc.

The legacy is pretty fun. Felt super slow stock but I am now stage 2 custom tune at 19 psi. I was thinking of upgrading the turbo to a 16g BNR one for a little more and I had some shaft play.

I have been reading more on the evox now though and they seem really awesome! Much more room for power in them, much better handling etc. of course a lot more money as well and not as comfortable of an interior etc.

Has anyone made the jump? The new evox models can be got with leather interior and navigation, sunroof etc. so wouldn't be too terrible in the comfort and features department.

I'm thinking I will either keep the legacy gt and maybe sell my s2000. If I do that would be dumb to have both a LGT and an evox so I wouldn't do that. I would possibly sell the s2000 for an LS3 corvette or maybe even a lotus Elise and boost that but not sure about that one.

If I sell the legacy I would want an awd all weather but fun car which is where the evo would come in.
I would much rather an evo over an sti as they really blow them out of the water over all.

ItalianLegacy 07-14-2013 10:07 AM

i would be driving an evo x ralliart now but the trunk is too damn small to be my Daily driver.

Moddiction 07-14-2013 10:11 AM

I I'd forget about how small the trunk is. That's a pain but could probably live with it. I do plan to buy a tundra 5.7 in not too long to have a truck as well for when I really need to haul things around.

V8Bait 07-14-2013 10:46 AM

In all seriousness have you ever sat in an EVO X? They are way more comfy IMO than the LGT. However i prefer the alcantara with the leather side bolsters over the full leather recaros. I have driven my friends X and If I had the money I'd pass up the LGT for an X in a heartbeat.

BAC5.2 07-14-2013 10:50 AM

Why not just use the Tundra as your daily? Problem solved.

Moddiction 07-14-2013 11:16 AM

I haven't say in the new Evos actually. I need to!

I need a fast daily driver so the tundra wouldn't cut it.

Would be nice to have a daily, sports car and a truck though.

pleaidestar 07-14-2013 11:20 AM

I like the ralliart sport wagon, not many people do but wagons and hatches have a spot in my heart forever since owning a Subaru. There is a good amount of usable space in them, got the same 4b11 the evo has, not the comfort and suspension but the support is the same as the evo so you can achieve the suspension dynamics.

AkumaMax 07-14-2013 12:15 PM

My buddy has an evox and it is crazy on handling. His has a few mods on it and it is perfect. Runs a little rich even still on a heavy tune. The car has the perfect range of power when needed. His is an 08 fully loaded every option and white great car for the money

pleaidestar 07-14-2013 02:00 PM

I wonder how much mitsubishi has developed the awd system they have, the only other awd car I ever had was a 99 eclipse gsx it was a pretty fast car but that and a friends evo9 had shit for torque compared to any wrx or Sti I have ever driven.

pleaidestar 07-14-2013 02:02 PM

I know its a evo and legacy comparison but they are similar to each other as the lgt and wrx

Brprs 07-14-2013 02:26 PM

I almost and still may sell out for a ralliart. Being cheaper on the insurance and easily modded and they are fairly cheap.

Moddiction 07-14-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pleaidestar (Post 4503439)
I know its a evo and legacy comparison but they are similar to each other as the lgt and wrx

The new Evos destroy the wrx and sti in performance on every level. Especially when modded. Much more potential out of the evo engine. The new awd system in the evo x is insane! People call that car the mini gtr.

liljonson 07-14-2013 06:54 PM

Are mitsu dealers still around?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rob-2 07-14-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moddiction (Post 4503265)
I haven't say in the new Evos actually. I need to!

I need a fast daily driver so the tundra wouldn't cut it.

Would be nice to have a daily, sports car and a truck though.

Lol

Unless you're running drugs you don't need a fast daily driver. This statement nearly had me peeing my pants!

rob-2 07-14-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moddiction (Post 4503527)
The new Evos destroy the wrx and sti in performance on every level. Especially when modded. Much more potential out of the evo engine. The new awd system in the evo x is insane! People call that car the mini gtr.

Check the reliability before you make the leap. Wouldn't touch one of their cars.

You can make anything fast but that doesn't mean it will stay running.