Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   So long Seattle and thanks for all the fish! (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208077)

Caboobaroo 05-21-2013 07:11 PM

So long Seattle and thanks for all the fish!

Well, the time has come finally. My final day working for All Wheel Drive Auto is this Thursday (5/23/2013) because the fiancÚ and I are moving back to Oregon.

I'm hoping to get out of the automotive industry as far as turning wrenches. Nothing like being just shy of 30 years old and in need of hand and wrist surgery. I'm also planning on going back to school to get my bachelors degree in electrical engineering. Going to be a busy second half of the year, moving in June to Portland, getting married in September, going back to school and hoping to buy a house too...

So to everyone I've helped out or have had the pleasure of doing work for, thanks for coming to me, it's been a real pleasure!:cool:

Gex 05-21-2013 07:48 PM

Good luck Russ! Wish I could have found the time to do the brakes. They are still yours if you want them. Could deliver at wcss.

12sechatch 05-22-2013 01:13 AM

Miss ya buddy. Good luck down there.

homegrwn97 05-22-2013 01:19 PM

Good luck Russ!

You did my alignment at firestone alone time ago and my wagon thanks you!

Tyrus3 05-22-2013 02:46 PM

Congrats and good luck! ...now to find someone to do my alignment, lol

mdzowner 05-22-2013 04:16 PM

sweet hitchikers reference

Caboobaroo 05-22-2013 05:59 PM

Thanks guys!

I've been pondering about opening my own shop down in the Portland area, specializing in suspension and brake systems, especially on Subarus:p Oh and an alignment rack would be nessessary!

Hoping to find a decent house with a large enough garage or a decent piece of property to put a shop on to start with, even if its for my own leisure.

Gex, I would still love to do your brakes for you, since my last day is tomorrow, I might have more free time during the week too. I have your number, I will shoot you a text when I get back from Portland next week.

goneskiian 05-22-2013 06:23 PM

I decided not to come in this week. Sorry Russ! ;)

Best of luck with your upcoming life changes! Those are all some big changes to cram into the span of 6 months!

Cheers!

specialev 05-30-2013 07:57 PM

Good luck dude. I got out of full time wrenching back in 2003 and got my Eng. degree instead. It's a much nicer way to earn a living and you can still wrench as your hobby.

Caboobaroo 07-06-2013 04:23 PM

Well everyone, finally got moved down to Oregon City. I will be going back to wrenching on Subarus for a living but there might be a possibility of having my own shop sooner then I was expecting.

Oh and the heat was bad for my XT6. Lost an alternator on the 3rd of July in rush hour traffic. Was able to safely get the car to a shaded cul-de-sac where it sat for a couple hours while I got my spare alternator from storage. The same day that happens, the cigarette lighter came loose in my Outback, shorted out, popped the fuse and the blower motor also stopped working. My wife didn't care that it was broken but I sure did....

So, I will probably continue to do alignments and all the undercar work I was doing before. Anyone in the area, let me know and I can see what I can get done for you.

I also hope everyone had a happy 4th of July too!