Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Living in Japan (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205842)

tricks351 04-16-2013 11:31 AM

Living in Japan
 
Hey,
very glad to find this forum and chat with like minded individuals. I currently have a 2001 GT-B E-Tune wagon and just bought a 2000 B4 Blizten. My wagon is mostly stock with a few minor mods. My blizten came with some tuning mods but looking to do more to it so I've got lots of reading to do on this forum.

TheBlubaru 04-17-2013 01:14 PM

Welcome! In for pics of the 3rd gens. I have always had a soft spot for BEs.

wurkenman 04-17-2013 04:49 PM

Welcome.

tricks351 04-18-2013 09:22 AM

One issue I have with my legacy wagon is that the power light constantly flashes on and off. It only started happening a few weeks ago and I'm looking to sell the car shortly or strip it for parts. Flicking the switch for power mode doesn't change anything but if someone could direct me to the right forum page to find the problem it would be much appreciated.

PeterJMC 04-18-2013 01:02 PM

Welcome!

scoobyscoodle 04-18-2013 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum!

derp 04-18-2013 11:37 PM

I haaaaaaaaaaaaate you.

Only because I wish I could live in Japan. And buy a certain car that I've always wanted, but can't has in the US.

Welcome!

tricks351 04-19-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derp (Post 4396436)
I haaaaaaaaaaaaate you.

Only because I wish I could live in Japan. And buy a certain car that I've always wanted, but can't has in the US.

Welcome!

I'm from Australia and not sure how much legacy's cost in America but they are dirt cheap here. I picked up my 2001 gt-b e tune wagon with a tv, navi, and some nice mods (full factory body kit) for $3000. With 60,000 miles on the clock (if my conversion from kilometers is correct).
Just bought the 2000 blitzen for $1,500, no registration but only 40,000 miles.
I'm loving the cheap cars in japan. It would have cost me 10 times more in australia.

LGT For ME 04-19-2013 10:31 AM

^ aren't the used cars so cheap there because the older the car w/ mileage is taxed more in Japan??? Either way were jealous here in the US....

tricks351 04-20-2013 08:40 AM

from my understanding the yearly car tax is based on the size of the car and the engine size. The registration which must be done every two years includes compulsory insurance and also a tax based on the weight of the car. I'm pretty sure they don't tax you for the age of the car. But please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Alex-->TheGreek 04-20-2013 05:39 PM

Welcome! I wish i could live in Japan.... Show us some pics of your cars when you can!! :)

derp 04-20-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricks351 (Post 4396616)
I'm from Australia and not sure how much legacy's cost in America but they are dirt cheap here. I picked up my 2001 gt-b e tune wagon with a tv, navi, and some nice mods (full factory body kit) for $3000. With 60,000 miles on the clock (if my conversion from kilometers is correct).
Just bought the 2000 blitzen for $1,500, no registration but only 40,000 miles.
I'm loving the cheap cars in japan. It would have cost me 10 times more in australia.

If I were in Japan I wouldn't drive a legacy.

There's a few Nissan products I have always been in lust with.

tricks351 04-25-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derp (Post 4398686)
If I were in Japan I wouldn't drive a legacy.

There's a few Nissan products I have always been in lust with.

I do agree with you there. But I priced skylines, and even some civic type r/integra type r and they hold their value more here in Japan so I opted for the cheaper subaru.

tricks351 04-25-2013 01:10 AM

my cars
 
3 Attachment(s)
My three cars in Japan Hopefully I've worked out how to attach the pics to this page!

andnyleswillriot 04-25-2013 11:21 AM

friggin a I just want to live in Japan to get the sick subies


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 PM.


LegacyGT.com