Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo Powertrains (2.0GT, 2.5GT, 2.5XT) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CEL with blinking CC (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205176)

Printerman 04-06-2013 06:59 PM

CEL with blinking CC

hey so i got my 05 LGT 5MT almost 2 months ago. its at 97k but i can tell it needs it 100k asap, i hope to order parts and do it this coming weekend.
any way so the other day me CEL comes on i pull the cod for a cylinder 2 misfire, i suspect its the spark plugs from no noticable loss in power but im obviously not pushing it with a CEL.

right as the CEL light came on the CC (cruise control) light came on and blinks whenever the car is on.

im asking what the blinking CC light can mean, i havent even used that function yet
also am i hurting the car driving it to school and work? ive been keeping it under 3k

when i do the service i plan on doing belts, water pump, plugs+wires and flushing fluids
any other suggestions while im in there? not a whole lot of extra cash but its its gonna cost me later i might as well do it now

new member lookin for some love!
thanks in advance

Printerman 04-06-2013 07:00 PM

might be in the wrong forum too my bad

JJr 04-06-2013 10:15 PM

Blinking CC light is normal when you throw a CEL, might as well do the 105 mile service which includes the timing belt! GL

Printerman 04-09-2013 09:36 PM

hey thanks for the help. you wouldnt happen to know which side cyliner 2 is would you? im in the process of searching now
thanks

PineyLGT805 04-10-2013 12:01 AM

i have a cylinder 3 misfire... currently at the dealership now

swap plugs, coil packs and injectors to see if the misfire follows the switch or stays on cylinder 2. If it stays on cylinder 2 you probably have another issue causing the misfire...

Mine stayed on cylinder 3 when i swapped plugs, coils etc and the dealership now wants to tear the motor down to see what is causing the misfire. Im calling again tomorrow to see the results of the compression and leakdown test which might tell me whats up but also might not.

like previous said, blinking CC is normal with CEL... its to prevent you from taking long trips with the CEL on

heiche 04-10-2013 04:07 AM

btw cyl 2 is driver side front.

Printerman 04-10-2013 09:09 PM

do you guys have any good links for threads? im going to be honest this is my first boxer motor im not quite comfotable digging in yet haha. i understand the theory just not where everything is

recent honda convert:wub:

scoob 04-14-2013 11:05 PM

im in the same boat i have an 05 lgt my first boxer as well.you really just have to search the forums and see if you can find what you looking for. because anyone else is just going to say the same thing to you as they told me when i would ask the same question

good luck!

heiche 04-15-2013 04:02 AM

pineylgt had a good response for a cylinder misfire - which tries to hopefully find a problem EXTERNAL that is causing the misfire. if it ends up being internal, it is often exhaust valve clearance that has become too tight, and occasionally it is from broken piston ring lands.

regarding teardown/buildup, have u guys searched for "vacation pics" yet? very helpful.