Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-purchase Questions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Got the new car bug (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205152)

GTTuner 04-06-2013 06:47 AM

Got the new car bug
 
I test drove a 2013 3.6R Limited, totally bombed out with NAV and lane departure system. A 36 month lease, 12K a year only 444.00 a month. I keep my 05 too. Anything negative out there on this model, should I skip the lane detection system? I don't need a finnicky car.

StoplightAssassin 04-06-2013 07:10 AM

How much down? What's the residual?

GTTuner 04-06-2013 07:19 AM

No money down, first months payment and I walk out with the car. Residual is 55% of 30,745 dollars. The window sticker is 33,745 and they are leasing it to me for the 30,745 figuire.

Seems too good to be real, I gotta call insurance and get a $$ quote and find out about sales tax. Hell I might do a 2.5i limited, all I want is a daily driver I don't have to shift, I'll keep my GT for weekend blasts.

StoplightAssassin 04-06-2013 07:48 AM

Are you set on the Legacy? We leased our ATS RWD 2.0t for quite a bit less than that. 0 down 36 months 15k per year allowance. It has everything but NAV and HIDs. I've been told a couple times NAV actually hurts the residual. Just food for thought.

orndog 04-06-2013 08:14 AM

I dunno man...
30,745 at 1.9% for 6 years is $452/ month without a 12k limit.

GTTuner 04-06-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orndog (Post 4377450)
I dunno man...
30,745 at 1.9% for 6 years is $452/ month without a 12k limit.


You make an excellent point, and I own it after.

GTTuner 04-06-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoplightAssassin (Post 4377411)
Are you set on the Legacy? We leased our ATS RWD 2.0t for quite a bit less than that. 0 down 36 months 15k per year allowance. It has everything but NAV and HIDs. I've been told a couple times NAV actually hurts the residual. Just food for thought.


Yeah, I like that but I wanted the AWD. It's difficult for me to find a car I am completely comfortable in. Driving the 13 Legacy is very fimiliar, and I fit perfectly in the 05, the ergo's, ingress-outgress, how I fit in the seats. Honestly I am not one to keep a car more than three years, I never did until I bought the 05. I kept it because I STILL enjoy driving it.

The 5th gen styling has grown on me, some wider wheels with less offset to fill in the wheel wells goes a long way to making it have a nice, muscular stance.

lingling1337 04-06-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTuner (Post 4377647)
Yeah, I like that but I wanted the AWD. It's difficult for me to find a car I am completely comfortable in. Driving the 13 Legacy is very fimiliar, and I fit perfectly in the 05, the ergo's, ingress-outgress, how I fit in the seats. Honestly I am not one to keep a car more than three years, I never did until I bought the 05. I kept it because I STILL enjoy driving it.

The 5th gen styling has grown on me, some wider wheels with less offset to fill in the wheel wells goes a long way to making it have a nice, muscular stance.

2.0 turbo AWD ATS starts at 36,900, aol autos says they go from 33,800 to 37,000 in my area. I've heard a lot of good things about those cars.

GTTuner 04-06-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingling1337 (Post 4377674)
2.0 turbo AWD ATS starts at 36,900, aol autos says they go from 33,800 to 37,000 in my area. I've heard a lot of good things about those cars.

I was just reading some reviews on the ATS, the press is gushing over this car. The only thorn in it's paw was the manual trans has a horible shifter. Moot point I want an automatic.

StoplightAssassin 04-06-2013 12:57 PM

Actually they fixed the shifter when the rags were criticizing it. It's good, but not great.

talkgtr 04-06-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTuner (Post 4377647)
Yeah, I like that but I wanted the AWD. It's difficult for me to find a car I am completely comfortable in. Driving the 13 Legacy is very fimiliar, and I fit perfectly in the 05, the ergo's, ingress-outgress, how I fit in the seats. Honestly I am not one to keep a car more than three years, I never did until I bought the 05. I kept it because I STILL enjoy driving it.

The 5th gen styling has grown on me, some wider wheels with less offset to fill in the wheel wells goes a long way to making it have a nice, muscular stance.

I'm liking my '13 Limited 2.5i. Really don't mind the CVT, enjoying the mpgs w/ regular gas, like the seats and looks. Drove my 2002 SAAB 9-5 wagon 10 years, hoping for the same or better w/ the Legacy.

SubOperator 04-06-2013 06:57 PM

Paul,

I'd just buy it. 3.6 should be pretty fun.

GTTuner 04-08-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkgtr (Post 4377794)
I'm liking my '13 Limited 2.5i. Really don't mind the CVT, enjoying the mpgs w/ regular gas, like the seats and looks. Drove my 2002 SAAB 9-5 wagon 10 years, hoping for the same or better w/ the Legacy.


I have been tossing this around, I am going to go and drive a 2.5i LTD today. I really want the gas mileage and the auto trans, from what I see the 2.5 is adequate (0-60 it's faster with the CVT than the manual!). I gotta keep this in perspective while I'd like the 3.6 I want this to be a responsible purchase.

Do you know what MPG's you're averaging?

SubOperator 04-08-2013 08:19 AM

I had a 2.5 with CVT as rental from the dealer close to your work for couple of days. It actually felt pretty good after a 20 minutes ride from the dealer to home. I even thought to myself that it would be a nice DD, as long as exterior design is not a problem.

Now that was in 2010 or so, redesigned 5th gen is better aesthetically and iirc the CVT was also improved, no?

good luck.

thejammonster 04-08-2013 08:37 AM

Just picked up my 2013 Legacy 3.6R Ltd. with Nav/Eyesight. Less than a week, but it is completely awesome and the systems all work as advertised. The adaptive cruise control is sweet, and there have been some hidden perks I have been finding too. For example, while sitting at a traffic light behind a car, if you aren't paying attention and the car in front of you starts moving it beeps and tells you that the car in front of you has started moving. That is nice to avoid getting honked at for sitting at a green light like a tool :) I got mine built new from the factory so you ended up with a better sale price than I did, but I think it is totally worth it. I am coming from a 2010 LGT and aside from getting used to the automatic I am not missing it at all. The 3.6R definitely has some speed, but the only downside is that the fuel economy is about the same as the LGT (18 city/25 highway). It doesn't require the premium fuel though, so there is a little bit of a savings there. I don't have enough time driving to give you real world numbers yet but the estimated MPG on the trip odo seems to be about right.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:19 AM.


LegacyGT.com