New Member From DE
I purchased my Legacy GT new in 2008 and have been having a blast with it, until this year I ran into some bad luck. I had to replace the intake manifold gaskets, while doing so I discoverd an excessive amount of oil in my intercooler. After digging in further and removing the DP I found a fair amount of shaft play in the stock turbo. The good news is I got to bolt up a BNR16G, turbo back exhaust, TMIC, filtered oil supply, new OCV's, and while I was at it threw in some Koni's on Epic springs. Had the tuning done by infamous. All I can say is that damn shaft play was the best thing to ever happen to my car!!!
Well, the real reason I became a member here was to find answers to my most important questions:
1. What is the best oil to use for my car?
2. What Cat-Back will give me the best boxer Rumble?
3. How do you read the damn dipstick?
4. What happens if I get soap in the hood scoop when washing my car?
5. What BOV should I get? - I want the most power and noise.
Seriously though, I've been reading the forum for couple of years. I was able to easily gather all the information I needed to do my upgrades and turbo swap myself. This is truly a great place to get information, research parts, and get information on the best vendors - GREAT SITE.
Welcome to the forum!
1. Shell Rotella T6 IMO.
2. Any, just keep the stock manifold. Prodrives are nice, if you can score a set.
3. Wipe, dip, look. ;) seriously though, what's the problem you're having?
4. You will blow your motor. Seriously, don't even joke about that.
5. BOV will not give you power. The GFB hybrid one is my favorite, sounds good and keeps the ecu happy.
Welcome to the site!
Welcome to the forums! going along with what scoobiescoodie said
1.Rotella T6 and also Amsoil European 5w40 are great.
2.I run the Cobb exhaust which has an awesome rumble and is a little easier to find. I would check out some videos on youtube though to get an idea of which you like most.
5. Forge BPVs have an awesome sound and are a little less expensive than the GFB. I bought my car with a VTA BOV and I can't wait to get rid of it, the ecu absolutely hates it.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:09 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.