Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   FS: (IL-Chicago) 2005 Legacy GT Limited Wagon (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204391)

BlackWagon GT 03-25-2013 09:24 PM

FS: (IL-Chicago) 2005 Legacy GT Limited Wagon

8 Attachment(s)
Year, Make and Model: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Wagon
Color: Obsidian Black Pearl
Miles: 100,200
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Title: Clear - no accidents on record
Lien: Has lien through credit union
VIN: 4S3BP676656342168
Seller's email address: k dot merkel at comcast dot net
Asking Price: SOLD

I bought this car a year ago with 95,700 miles. The cost of ownership has been more than I anticipated, so I have decided to sell. According to the vehicle database information I could find, I am the second owner.

Body: It is a Florida car, so it has zero rust. There is a dent near the gas door; otherwise the sheetmetal is pretty clean. Headlights could use clearing.

Interior: Because it is a Florida car, there are some small areas of heat-cracking in the dash pad and door panels. I believe it was a family car as there is some minor carpet staining, and hopefully unrelated, scratches on the painted hard plastic surfaces from possibly a dog.

Mechanical: 100% stock except for the short shifter and AP. There is an off-boost light-load stutter around 2,000rpm that neither I nor anyone else has been able to figure out. Clutch slips above stock tune and the drivetrain makes some noise, most likely bearings in the trans. Otherwise, the car drives fine (transmission shifts perfectly, no high-speed vibration, warning lights, etc.). No leaks or oil consumption. It is due for its emissions test by the end of April; I may still take care of that.

Work that has been done in the last year/4,500 miles, in no particular order:

New power steering pump*
New tires - Continental ExtremeContact DWS*
New valve cover gaskets*
New front struts - KYB GR2
Four-wheel alignment
New upper radiator hose
Used spec.B radiator
Lower intake gaskets
90k service -- all Motul fluids, spark plugs, timing belt, water pump, air filter
Kartboy short shifter with solid bushings
New driver's seat heater elements
New battery
PIAA Plasma Ion fog bulbs
New wiper blades

Except for the asterisked items which were done prior to me taking delivery, all work has been done by Six Star in Schaumburg or myself with records and receipts on hand. Mike at Red Mist in Carpentersville is familiar with the car.

I paid $13,000 for the car last April. The asking price is a bit over the KBB Fair value (I think the body is Very Good and the drivetrain is Fair) and just covers what I still owe on the lien. I will include the AP in the purchase as well (negotiable).

ferrariowner123 03-26-2013 07:11 PM

How's the rust factor on this?

Do you have pics of the undercarriage if there is any?

-Kyle

BlackWagon GT 03-26-2013 08:27 PM

No rust whatsoever. This winter was most likely the first time the car had ever seen salt.

ferrariowner123 03-26-2013 11:36 PM

Oh duh, completely missed that in the add. My b, i guess i got excited!

If everything works out in the next few weeks, i might be calling you...

-Kyle

EDIT: whats the cost of ownership on this? Im looking at getting one of these as a new daily driver...

boxkita 03-27-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrariowner123 (Post 4361394)
Oh duh, completely missed that in the add. My b, i guess i got excited!

If everything works out in the next few weeks, i might be calling you...

-Kyle

EDIT: whats the cost of ownership on this? Im looking at getting one of these as a new daily driver...

your tag is "Ferrari Owner" and you're worried about cost of ownership? :eek:

Looks like he's done all the major stuff that needs to be for awhile. 10,5 for this is pretty good deal.
BTW, there's quite a few GT wagons in WA, its a popular choice.

ferrariowner123 03-27-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxkita (Post 4361427)
your tag is "Ferrari Owner" and you're worried about cost of ownership? :eek:

Looks like he's done all the major stuff that needs to be for awhile. 10,5 for this is pretty good deal.
BTW, there's quite a few GT wagons in WA, its a popular choice.

Its just a name guys, had since i was 13 (21 now) was just easy to stick with it.

Yeah, it looks like a solid car, i'm just not thrilled on the interior color, i know it can be swapped.

But i'm still saving up to get a decent amount down for a car payment.

-Kyle

boxkita 03-27-2013 11:58 AM

no worries.
black on black lgt 5mt limted wagons are rare (about 95 left in running condition). Good luck finding one for sale.

BlackWagon GT 03-27-2013 04:18 PM

I clarified some things in the original posting, which I will elaborate a bit.

I make a terrible salesman because I have a conscience. I would advise repairing the drivetrain noise prior to making this car a DD. But if you get that fixed and can find a tuner or voodoo priest that is able to fix the stutter, it will be a very nice car to cruise around in.

boxkita 03-27-2013 04:37 PM

the low rpm stutter may be a tuning thing. Mine had it before the rebuild...drove me nutz. Almost made the dealer "lemon" it, then figured out if I stopped driving like a grandma I was never in that section of the rpm range. On the built engine, that bubble doesnt exist, although, one does exist at 3250 (we tried everything to get it to go away)

BlackWagon GT 04-01-2013 05:46 PM

Bump. Still available.

BlackWagon GT 04-09-2013 04:05 PM

Bumpin'. Feel free to make an offer, but keep in mind that I can't/won't lowball. Thanks.

blackontan 04-11-2013 06:09 PM

PM sent

BlackWagon GT 04-13-2013 12:19 PM

PM replied.

BlackWagon GT 04-16-2013 02:10 PM

Price reduced to $10,000.

BlackWagon GT 04-21-2013 05:12 PM

Bumpity bump.