Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo Powertrains (2.0GT, 2.5GT, 2.5XT) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mishimoto Radiator Fan (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203384)

mmmmspecb 03-12-2013 08:09 AM

Mishimoto Radiator Fan

Does anybody have any experience with the Mishimoto radiator fan? I was doing extensive searching and the only thing I could find was that it MAY not fit the oem radiator perfectly do to the bolt holes being lined up incorrectly. Apparently the oem rad fan doens't fit the mishimoto radiator either.

The reason I want it replaced is that about a month ago I found my long time missing 1/4 socket wrench wedged down between the fan on the passenger side... Needless to say the fan was seized up and only the driver side one works now. It hasn't come close to overheating or even moving past the middle way point on the temp gauge but I know its something I need to take care of...

I had thoughts of buying a mishimoto setup, hoses, fan shroud and radiator from Infamous but that would be overkill for a stage 2 DD imo.

Any help would be appreciated.

mmmmspecb 03-13-2013 06:38 AM

I'm guessing thats a no :)

Strizzy 03-13-2013 09:03 AM

I have the Mishimoto fan shroud. But it's installed with my Mishimoto radiator.
It bolted up just fine.

Diggs 03-14-2013 12:36 AM

I'd replace it with a stocker. The mishimoto fans don't displace the amount of heat as the oem ones. You can google it, its all over iwsti and nasioc. I actually purchased the mish radiator and fans for my sti a while back, after doing research, decided to stick with the oem fans. The length of the blades have a big correlation to it.

wurkenman 03-14-2013 04:21 AM

My OEM fans bolted right on the MISH rad no problem.

mmmmspecb 03-14-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggs (Post 4339429)
I'd replace it with a stocker. The mishimoto fans don't displace the amount of heat as the oem ones. You can google it, its all over iwsti and nasioc. I actually purchased the mish radiator and fans for my sti a while back, after doing research, decided to stick with the oem fans. The length of the blades have a big correlation to it.

That's interesting... I had heard quite the opposite. I'll do some more research.

mmmmspecb 03-14-2013 09:22 AM

You're going to have to post a link if you can find it... I just searched on both forums and turned up ALMOST nothing negative. One guy on IWSTI said his tuner said the products were garbage. Somebody actually posted that the fan shroud with 12" fans pushes 1300 cfm. I'd have to find oem fan numbers if possible.

mmmmspecb 03-14-2013 09:26 AM

1867 CFM actually.

famaya26 03-14-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggs (Post 4339429)

LALGTs car is running the Radiator Fan Shroud and his car is Stage 3.

OP, you should contact MSprank from Infamous Performance if you have questions about the M Fans.

Mishimoto 03-21-2013 02:56 PM

Hey guys,

Our radiator and fan shroud should be a direct bolt on for your Legacy Spec B. Our 12" fans do indeed flow 933.5 CFM each, which results in a shroud kit that will have no problems keeping your temperatures under control.

Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions!
jmarsteller@mishimoto.com

Thanks