Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   TSB for squeaky driver seat? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202617)

NickH 02-28-2013 08:49 PM

TSB for squeaky driver seat?

My Legacy driver seat has developed a horrible creak/squeak. Any TSB available for this issue?

Thanks,
Nick

tytek 02-28-2013 08:57 PM

Yes, these cars suffer from broken seat frames and it should not be a problem to have SOA replace it under warranty. Welds are weak and some give way... an upholstery shop will do the repair, once your dealer gets a new seat frame in for you.

NickH 03-01-2013 05:53 PM

Do you happen to have the TSB number?

Nick

minuccims 03-01-2013 06:10 PM

When was you Legacy produced in 2011? Take a look at the plate on the driver's side door frame.

This is the only TSB listed for a 2011:

Service Bulletin # 17-14-11
Bulletin Description: If you encounter a customer complaint that there is a squeak/creak type sound coming from the passenger side, inner seat belt area, the seat belt latch arm may need to be insulated. This sound occurs on the passenger side with the seat occupied, when the vehicle is in motion. The sound is coming from the seat belt latch arm coming in contact with the rear stopper as designed. To eliminate the sound, refer to the repair procedure listed.

This is a 2010 TSB that would have been corrected for 2011:

Service Bulletin # 12-116-10
Bulletin Description: If you encounter a customer complaint that there is slight movement (some customers refer to it as a slight rocking motion) that could be felt in the lower portion of the driver's seat, there is a countermeasure seat frame now available to remedy the condition.

Rhett 03-02-2013 03:43 AM

I have that rocking problem with my driver's side seat. Very annoying. It moves forward each time I come to a stop. Thanks for the info!

DrD123 03-02-2013 06:12 AM

Did you see if any bolts are loose on the seat? (mounting bolts as well as the many bolts on the frame - looks like you need to remove the plastic cover on the sides of the seat to get to some of them) - if anything is loose, that could cause some squeaking. The only noise I have noticed from my seats is the leather (well, pleather...) contacting the plastic cover on the front left corner of the seat

orndog 03-02-2013 07:58 AM

Loose seat bolt was actually a recall on my '03 OBS. DrD123, theoretically the actual seat squeak should have been fixed by your vehicle I think.

schwinghammer 08-28-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minuccims (Post 4319369)
When was you Legacy produced in 2011? Take a look at the plate on the driver's side door frame.

This is the only TSB listed for a 2011:

Service Bulletin # 17-14-11
Bulletin Description: To eliminate the sound, refer to the repair procedure listed.

What's the repair procedure?