Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds - ARCHIVE (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   TheRetrofitSource RetroQuik HID retrofit system - GB Complete: CLOSED (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202599)

Aken 02-28-2013 04:55 PM

TheRetrofitSource RetroQuik HID retrofit system - GB Complete: CLOSED

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ima...%20Systeml.jpg

March 27th: We're all done, folks!!

A huge thank you to everyone who purchased, supported each other / answered questions, and for your gratitude towards myself. Until next time!

--------------------------

As of 3/27/2013, the group buy is OVER and was a success! Below is all the original content, for posterity's sake.

Exclusions: Must buy at least one full retrofit kit to receive a discount (coupon not valid for accessories, bulb kits, or similar by themselves). Stage IV kits are excluded from the offer -- if you wanted a set of these, please contact me and I'll work with TRS to find out your options. Discount does apply to accessories purchased in addition to the kit.

LGT Owners: the most common purchase will be the Retro-Quik system, which comes with pre-made brackets and everything else you need, and is a very very easy DIY project. However the choice of kit is up to you.

Group Buy Stipulations: Orders will not ship until 25 purchases have been made. TRS assures me that this works out well, and does not really take a long time. Should there be a shortage after a reasonable amount of time, we'll figure things out from there. So please try to place your orders ASAP, for everyone's sake!

The coupon code will likely be disabled around 25 purchases, so because of this, I have PM'ed the coupon to the member list before, so those who expressed interest can be sure to get in on the discount. After a week or two (we'll see how ordering is going), I'll update this page with the code for everyone else.

Any questions? Let me know!

March 19th: 15 orders so far. Let's go guys and gals!

March 22nd: 22 orders! Almost ready to ship!

March 25th: We've reached our goal, and currently have 31 orders! Shipments should begin soon. Thank you everyone! Some more details here. If you want to get in on this GB at the last minute, do so ASAP! Because the coupon will likely be disabled very soon.

--------------------------

Matt @ TRS let me know that, depending on the number of people interested, they can do around 25% off for 25+ people, and a bit less for lower numbers. Here's a quote from his email:

Quote:

Usually what we do is offer up to 25% off if there are 25+ people ready to get in on it. If there are less people, say 15, we can do 15% off, etc.

If you want to pass that around and get some numbers, let us know and we'll be happy to get something going for you guys.
So I'm doing just that. Here's the "In for one!" thread to gauge the interest and see what we can put together.

For those unfamiliar with the system, here's their website, and a great how-to thread by Drew888 where this started again.

RetroQuik system designed for 05-09 LGT, but confirmed to work with 5th gen LGTs with little-to-no modification!

I've included the names of people from Drew's thread. Please let me know if you'd like to update your status.

March 11th: Reached 25 people! I'm going to work with TRS to figure out how ordering will happen, and put together an actual discount number for everyone along with a schedule for when ordering can begin. A few unanswered questions have also been passed on. Get in now for 25% off!

March 12th: I'm lazy, read the update post here!

March 13th: The 25% discount will not apply to stage IV kits such as the FX-R or RX-AFS kits. If you were interested in either of these kits as part of this group buy, let me know and I'll see what kind of discount we can apply to those kits.

Confirmed Orders
1. Aken - Ordered
2. awwrxwgn - Ordered
3. road race legacy - Ordered
4. 01rs25 - Ordered
5. .:Catalyst:. - Ordered
6. ClimberD@HexMods - Ordered
7. spec.B Dream - Ordered
8. Kelvrick - Ordered
9. Code - Ordered
10. K2e2vin - Ordered
11. BLACKeNeD - Ordered
12. TheMahFromTheU - Ordered
13. Jerm - Ordered
14. ticklelgt - Ordered
15. fstaslp - Ordered
16. BX77 - Ordered
17. ChaoticZen- Ordered
18. mark5032 - Ordered
19. srehn - Ordered
20. joeblow - Ordered
21. MiniStiGuy - Ordered
22. Outback11 - Ordered
23. EK_YYC - Ordered
24. kjiz - Ordered

Questionable Orders

1. SCHM1AN (attempting to get paired up w/ someone) - ???
2. ndmx52 (doesn't need full kit) - ???
3. legacy360 - ???
4. bboygreddy - ???
5. rockle3 - ???
6. V8Bait - ???
7. DryBear - ???
8. 13FLGT - ???
9. laserturbo91 - ???
10. alcopaulic - ???
11. DOHCstunr - ???
12. 12sechatch - ???
13. Suboperator - ???

spec.B Dream 02-28-2013 05:25 PM

So, 25% off of a $300 kit is $225, right? $225 for a full HID DIY retro? That's a fantastic deal. Not long ago, HID retros were near $1,000. I'm in!

Aken 02-28-2013 06:04 PM

I'd imagine it would be somewhere in that ballpark, yup! Really simple install process, too. Hardest part is probably making sure the headlights are sealed properly when you're all done.

ClimberD@HexMods 02-28-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 4317247)
I'd imagine it would be somewhere in that ballpark, yup! Really simple install process, too. Hardest part is probably making sure the headlights are sealed properly when you're all done.

Butyl rubber rope is your friend.

Kelvrick 02-28-2013 07:17 PM

I'm in. I'm assuming we can all choose separate color temperatures?

EDIT: Would we be able to get other items at a discount, too? I wouldn't mind some angel eyes or an extra set of bulbs.

awwrxwgn 02-28-2013 07:33 PM

thanks for taking the reins dude, let's get 25 make it happen!

Aken 02-28-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvrick (Post 4317364)
I'm in. I'm assuming we can all choose separate color temperatures?

EDIT: Would we be able to get other items at a discount, too? I wouldn't mind some angel eyes or an extra set of bulbs.

I can't answer these 100% definitively, but I believe last time they simply provided a coupon code and everyone could order individually. Not sure if that will be the case this time, but seeing as how most people have different tastes, I'm sure we can all choose our appropriate color temps regardless.

As for the discounting other items, that's something I'll have to ask about. I'm more concerned with drumming up enough interest to get a discount in the first place.

legacy360 02-28-2013 08:02 PM

Put me on the list.

Aken 02-28-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legacy360 (Post 4317440)
Put me on the list.

:nono:

Kelvrick 02-28-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 4317409)
I can't answer these 100% definitively, but I believe last time they simply provided a coupon code and everyone could order individually. Not sure if that will be the case this time, but seeing as how most people have different tastes, I'm sure we can all choose our appropriate color temps regardless.

As for the discounting other items, that's something I'll have to ask about. I'm more concerned with drumming up enough interest to get a discount in the first place.

I'd be happy with just the discount on the retrofit kit. :) More discounts never hurt anyone, only my wallet.

K2e2vin 02-28-2013 08:56 PM

Is this for a certain kit or does the coupon apply to any kit? Definitely interested!

Code 02-28-2013 09:06 PM

I'm in on this as well.

Aken 02-28-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K2e2vin (Post 4317555)
Is this for a certain kit or does the coupon apply to any kit? Definitely interested!

I think most people will be interested in the RetroQuik kit, as it's the easiest to install (comes in a made-for-the-Legacy kit w/ everything you need).

I'm only seeing what kind of interest we can put together. I know very few details about what they're willing to offer. The quote in the first post pretty much sums up my communication as of this point. I'll happily pass on any questions, but I'll probably do it in a week or two. Don't want to nag them daily. :)

road race legacy 03-01-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spec.B Dream (Post 4317197)
So, 25% off of a $300 kit is $225, right? $225 for a full HID DIY retro? That's a fantastic deal. Not long ago, HID retros were near $1,000. I'm in!

+1. Lets get this going guys. I'm in all the way. lol

GTTuner 03-01-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClimberD@HexMods (Post 4317320)
Soap on a rope is not your friend.

:lol:

Fixed :lol:

Seriously, this place sells the best stuff you can buy for the money. If I wasn't so broke I'd go for three kits, mine, my daughters and my GF's.